_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
US experimental heavy armor in plastic!
Pedro
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Pomorskie, Poland
KitMaker: 1,208 posts
Armorama: 1,023 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 03, 2015 - 02:47 PM UTC
Well, it just happened, a page from Trumpeters new catalogue has been posted on Trumps&Hobbyboss Facebook and it contains no less than 4 announced models from the T29 family of tanks: T29E1, T29E3, T30 and what I presume is a T34 but the label under the photo is cropped out. Also an M915 truck and some MLRS type US thingies...

Happy times!

Cheers,
Greg
Pedro
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, December 03, 2015 - 03:12 PM UTC
It seems that these new models will be released under Merit international label... and I think that any label is better than black label

JoeyKast44
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 144 posts
Armorama: 124 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 03, 2015 - 03:39 PM UTC
A M915 F I N A L L Y
Cantstopbuyingkits
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,099 posts
Armorama: 1,920 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 03, 2015 - 04:13 PM UTC
Finally a new MLRS! The DML repop of their old kit is so lazy and overpriced.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 03, 2015 - 04:35 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Finally a new MLRS! The DML repop of their old kit is so lazy and overpriced.

LAZY AND OVERPRICED! EXACTLY!!! I HATE to harp on this subject yet again, but ACTUAL "NEW!!!" and ACCURATE kits from DRAGON/CYBERHOBBY and (Dare I say it?) BLACK PLAGUE are unfortunately far and few anymore. What we get are re-hashed OLD kits with less "good" parts, less PE, and "DS" Tracks which are entirely inappropriate for German WWII Armor. And all this joy... For MORE MONEY!!! The only way to get the "good" DRAGON kits are to buy them from a handful of private sellers and/or retailers that still stock a few of them...
bots1141
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 318 posts
Armorama: 313 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 03, 2015 - 04:37 PM UTC
I will probably be buying all four!!!
Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 4,342 posts
Armorama: 3,938 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 03, 2015 - 05:19 PM UTC
I wonder if M915 will be tractor only, or will we also get that trailer with containers?... Trumpeter also announced a separate container kit, so it is possible.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, December 03, 2015 - 06:08 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I wonder if M915 will be tractor only, or will we also get that trailer with containers?... Trumpeter also announced a separate container kit, so it is possible.

AGREE!!!
DG0542
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 125 posts
Armorama: 125 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 03, 2015 - 07:23 PM UTC
Look at the top of the picture, I think those are from Merit Models, the M19 are Merit Kits and I see no different headline say trumpeter....just an observation.
ninjrk
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 1,381 posts
Armorama: 1,347 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 03, 2015 - 08:46 PM UTC
Sigh, I knew this would happen when I pulled the trigger for the Commander's models T29! That said, I am soooo happy Trumpter is doing these instead of Dragon. I love the whole T29 series and will buy multiples.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 03, 2015 - 08:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Look at the top of the picture, I think those are from Merit Models, the M19 are Merit Kits and I see no different headline say trumpeter....just an observation.

Merit is a just a company name who has their kits molded, printed, and boxed by plastic companies - quite often (or exclusively) it seems, by Trumpeter/Hobby Boss. I have Merit's 1/48 PT boat, and it's very obvious.
SSGToms
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 3,608 posts
Armorama: 3,092 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 03, 2015 - 09:30 PM UTC
Wow! I'm so happy to see the T29 series! I'm glad Trumpeter is doing it instead of Dragon, too. What a sad commentary. 10 years ago Dragon was the epitome of the industry, their kits could not be outdone. Now, Trumpeter is old reliable for accuracy and buildability, and Dragon continues to release turds in boxes. Sad, very sad.
MAD_DUCK
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 434 posts
Armorama: 406 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 03, 2015 - 10:01 PM UTC
I would have never thought I would see a M915 in plastic. But its better sweet. I am friends wit Gabor at Miniman factory and I have built a couple of his resin M915s, I hate to think they copied his work.
MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,210 posts
Armorama: 1,712 posts
Posted: Friday, December 04, 2015 - 11:13 AM UTC
WOOOOOO! T29s! Finally! Thank goodness it's by trumpeter and not black label. Another batch of kits that I need to save for... Great.. Any idea when they'll be available? T29E3 and T30 here I come... Hopefully a T32 will also come shortly. Although I see that coming more likely from Hobbyboss seeing as how they have a great Pershing out already.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Sunday, December 06, 2015 - 02:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

WOOOOOO! T29s! Finally! Thank goodness it's by trumpeter and not black label. Another batch of kits that I need to save for... Great.. Any idea when they'll be available? T29E3 and T30 here I come... Hopefully a T32 will also come shortly. Although I see that coming more likely from Hobbyboss seeing as how they have a great Pershing out already.

Yeah, this is good news! But I would still like to see completely new state-of-the-art M46s and M47s. And as far as trucks go, how about some WWII International 6x6s which were "limited-standard" in the Army, but quite common in the NAVY. Also some "cabover" AFXCCKW Jimmies, American-La France and Autocar Wreckers, etc, and a Mack NO 7 1/2-tonner? And of course, we could use ALL-NEW, ACCURATE state-of-the-art M3/M3A1 Lights (Stuart/Honey), M3 Mediums (Lee/Grant) and AFV CLUB could stand to give us that M8 75mm HMC (Howitzer Motor Carriage) that they followed through on, plus an all-new WWII Dodge WC-54 Ambulance... Maybe it's HIGH TIME that TRUMPETER/MERIT/HOBBY BOSS stepped up to bat with these...
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Sunday, December 06, 2015 - 03:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

It seems that these new models will be released under Merit international label... and I think that any label is better than black label

You're right! The guys at BLACK PLAGUE are ALL DRUNK!!!
ceerosvk
Visit this Community
Slovakia
KitMaker: 171 posts
Armorama: 170 posts
Posted: Monday, December 07, 2015 - 12:12 AM UTC
T29/30/34 in 35th plastic - my life is complete now. I've been literally waitinf for years for this moment. F**K YEAH.
ericadeane
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 4,021 posts
Armorama: 3,947 posts
Posted: Monday, December 07, 2015 - 04:58 PM UTC
It's like clockwork. Practically every post here about a new announcement and up pops someone saying: "That's cool but why isn't X, Y and Z being built by them?"

I wish I had a bottle of Vallejo paint for everytime that happens here... hahaha
qcarr1
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 67 posts
Armorama: 67 posts
Posted: Monday, December 07, 2015 - 05:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Yes, I'm hoping for the T32 as well! I really hope they do it, and it would be nice to have a new M46 Patton by either HobbyBoss or Tamiya.
Pedro
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, December 07, 2015 - 06:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

It's like clockwork. Practically every post here about a new announcement and up pops someone saying: "That's cool but why isn't X, Y and Z being built by them?"

I wish I had a bottle of Vallejo paint for everytime that happens here... hahaha

You'd still have a full paint rack even if you'd change "up pops someone..." to "up pops Dennis..."

Quoted Text

Sigh, I knew this would happen when I pulled the trigger for the Commander's models T29! That said, I am soooo happy Trumpter is doing these instead of Dragon. I love the whole T29 series and will buy multiples.

I feel your pain, Commanders kit screams for a complete rebuild to make it somewhat accurate representation of a T29 series tank.

At least now we may get blessed with some aftermarket items to dress up Commanders turds: I am hoping especially for tracks with their unique extensions and turned barrel.

Cheers,
Greg
KurtLaughlin
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2,402 posts
Armorama: 2,377 posts
Posted: Monday, December 07, 2015 - 10:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I feel your pain, Commanders kit screams for a complete rebuild to make it somewhat accurate representation of a T29 series tank.

At least now we may get blessed with some aftermarket items to dress up Commanders turds: I am hoping especially for tracks with their unique extensions and turned barrel.

And after you buy all that you will have paid as much for the AM items as you would for the new kit, and still need to attack the resin one. Your best bet is to put your resin kit on ebay immediately for about $25 and hope the price gets bid up by those wanting the kit NOW. Take whatever you can get for it. It's certainly not going to increase in value once the plastic kits hit the market.

I went to ebay as soon as I learned that the new T-35 and T-28 kits were coming out and dumped my ICM and AER items. I started low and they got bid up such that I recovered my initial cost plus enough to buy the new kits. Time is of the essence though.

KL
MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,210 posts
Armorama: 1,712 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 08:27 PM UTC
Any info on a tentative release schedule for the T29's, 30 and 34 yet?
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 01:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

And after you buy all that you will have paid as much for the AM items as you would for the new kit, and still need to attack the resin one. Your best bet is to put your resin kit on ebay immediately for about $25 and hope the price gets bid up by those wanting the kit NOW. Take whatever you can get for it. It's certainly not going to increase in value once the plastic kits hit the market.

I went to ebay as soon as I learned that the new T-35 and T-28 kits were coming out and dumped my ICM and AER items. I started low and they got bid up such that I recovered my initial cost plus enough to buy the new kits. Time is of the essence though.

KL

I had managed to build my ICM T-35 and AER T-28 many years ago so it was already too late to sell them
Luckily I had other kits I wanted before I got around to buying the resin T-29, lucky me ...
ceerosvk
Visit this Community
Slovakia
KitMaker: 171 posts
Armorama: 170 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 02:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Any info on a tentative release schedule for the T29's, 30 and 34 yet?

with this i am a bit skeptic, as much as i love trumpeter they can be really a bit of a pain with reeleasing announced stuff. Is4 took over a year to release since they sneak-peaked it for the first time, same with IS7. Anything under half a year will be awesome.
TankSGT
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,139 posts
Armorama: 946 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 03:04 AM UTC
After seeing them in the flesh at Fort Knox a few years back when it was still home to Armor(grumble grumble) I'm in for a few of them. They are impressive beasts. They longer they take the more time to reduce the stash and save up.

Tom
 _GOTOTOP