_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
Meng T-72B3 release date?
Phil5000
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 165 posts
Armorama: 135 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 03:00 AM UTC
Hi guys,

I'm really interested in this kit from Meng that's "coming soon". I'm new to Meng and have no idea what their idea of soon would be, or if they release on a schedule or just willy-nilly. Would anyone happen to know?

Normally I wouldn't care about new releases, I've got so many projects backed up, but I'm planning on starting a project with a Zvedza T-90 and I think I would rather have this model instead. So if it's a matter of a few weeks I'll wait.

I know there's a Trumpeter version but I'm really put off by lots of very small photo etch. I don't like dealing with photo etch at all so I'm much more a Tamiya man. But looking at the pics of the Meng version the only photo etch are the two large pieces on the engine deck. I hope that's the case anyway.

Thanks guys.
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 05:38 AM UTC
SFAIK Meng's release is a couple months off at the earliest. And it may have more PE as it gets close to production. It is now the price you have to pay for a new awesome kit.

The Trumpeter kits are either a T-72B m1990 or a T-72B/B1 (the T-72B does not count), so the MENG kit is going to be of a model we do not have yet.
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 08:08 AM UTC
Hi;

"HUH" ! Im Still waiting for the T-90MS that Trumpeter announced A couple of months ago !!!! And Now you tell Me This !!!!! "FARFENNUGEL"

CHEERS; MIKE.
Hellrabbit
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 139 posts
Armorama: 139 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 09:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

SFAIK Meng's release is a couple months off at the earliest. And it may have more PE as it gets close to production. It is now the price you have to pay for a new awesome kit.

The Trumpeter kits are either a T-72B m1990 or a T-72B/B1 (the T-72B does not count), so the MENG kit is going to be of a model we do not have yet.

Who says T-72B3 from Trumpeter Model needs a lot of Photo Etch?

no anti radiation cover on both B3 and B3M
Phil5000
Visit this Community
New Zealand
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 02:13 PM UTC
Thanks guys. I guess I'll get on with my Zvedza T-90. Looks like a good kit. And no PE at all!
UGBEAR
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 248 posts
Armorama: 247 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 09:21 AM UTC
Hope to see thier T-72B obr1989 T-72A T-72Ural soon (they will come eventually)

Meng doing a perfecto job oh their anti-radiation layer textures on their T-90/bull dozer, I prefer meng's !

101yann
Visit this Community
Ille-et-Vilaine, France
KitMaker: 97 posts
Armorama: 97 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 05:40 PM UTC

Release date according to Hobby Easy will be 26 May 2016 :

http://www.hobbyeasy.com/en/data/ylybffdjlnyugcroinsl.html

andromeda673
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 584 posts
Armorama: 525 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 03:48 AM UTC
If you are worried about alot of photo etch with Trumpeter, don't think that the Meng version is going to be a walk in the park.

On on a side note, I just completed the Zvedea T90, it's a boat load of parts as well, and alot of sub assemblies that are very tedious to make and build just right.

Take your time and you will be good, try to rush it, and you will end up shelfing the thing.
Phil5000
Visit this Community
New Zealand
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 08:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Sadly its still saying preorder. I'm guessing their release dates are just wild speculations.
Ultra_aussie
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 197 posts
Armorama: 145 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 09:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Sadly its still saying preorder. I'm guessing their release dates are just wild speculations.

26 May 2016 is still a month away, so why wouldn't it still be on pre order?
Phil5000
Visit this Community
New Zealand
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 02:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Oh god you're right! For some reason I thought it was this month. I guess I'm just so keen for the kit.
Ultra_aussie
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 197 posts
Armorama: 145 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 03:39 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Oh god you're right! For some reason I thought it was this month. I guess I'm just so keen for the kit.

You Kiwi's always live in the future don't you!
Phil5000
Visit this Community
New Zealand
Posted: Friday, April 29, 2016 - 02:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

You Kiwi's always live in the future don't you!

Yes, we're a day in the future. Do you want to know what's going to happen?
Phil5000
Visit this Community
New Zealand
Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 12:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

If you are worried about alot of photo etch with Trumpeter, don't think that the Meng version is going to be a walk in the park.

On on a side note, I just completed the Zvedea T90, it's a boat load of parts as well, and alot of sub assemblies that are very tedious to make and build just right.

Take your time and you will be good, try to rush it, and you will end up shelfing the thing.

My Zvezda kit arrived and I have to say I wasn't impressed. In fact after studying the parts and the instructions I decided to shelve it. The parts needed so much cleanup and the instructions were a mess. I didn't get that pleasurable anticipation for building a nice kit as I would with a Tamiya one. I've opened a Trumpeter BMP 2D, which is my first Trumpeter kit and it looks much nicer. I've watched a good tutorial on photoetch and I feel more confident now.

I will wait for the Meng T-72b3. I would rather do a T-72 than a T-90 anyway.
billflorig
Visit this Community
Hawaii, United States
KitMaker: 152 posts
Armorama: 146 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 12:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Jacques, why do you always say the T-72B does not count? Why?

Best, Bill
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 07:31 PM UTC
The T-72B does not count because it is a pre-ERA tank model. Anything T-72BV or beyond is somewhat in it's own section because of the ERA mounting points and eventually the designs of the tanks to fully incorporate the ERA. I think they need specific separation.

The models themselves are VERY nice and there is no reason to avoid the T-72B kit otherwise.
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 07:33 PM UTC
Concerning the Zvezda T-90, it can be built just fine, but will take a bit of work. My buddy Kyle Nelson did a great job on the kit Here is his blog on it It can be built. It might be even better to build it now and get your skills refined before you tackle the MENG kit.
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Friday, May 06, 2016 - 02:42 AM UTC
Hi Everybody;

Well I Don't really Understand what the Problem is with the Zvesda T-90 ! I have Purchased Two of them and IMHO they are A Great Buy for the Money; Granted they have some Accuracy Issues,but they can be corrected. And the two that I Purchased; (One Zvesda & one Academy label) Did not require A Lot of clean-up ! I have also Built the Meng T-90 and have Two in my Collection, and are Superb Models.
Now; Some will say that they Dislike Meng's kit for One Reason or Another, but it all Comes Down too Personal Preference for Whatever Reason. And there Will Never Be A 100% Accurate Kit; And I Don't Care Who's Kit It Is !!!!!!!!!!!

CHEERS; MIKE.
acebatau
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 730 posts
Armorama: 616 posts
Posted: Friday, May 06, 2016 - 06:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Everybody
Now; Some will say that they Dislike Meng's kit for One Reason or Another, but it all Comes Down too Personal Preference for Whatever Reason. And there Will Never Be A 100% Accurate Kit; And I Don't Care Who's Kit It Is !!!!!!!!!!!

CHEERS; MIKE.

I'm with you on that!
billflorig
Visit this Community
Hawaii, United States
KitMaker: 152 posts
Armorama: 146 posts
Posted: Friday, May 06, 2016 - 12:03 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The T-72B does not count because it is a pre-ERA tank model. Anything T-72BV or beyond is somewhat in it's own section because of the ERA mounting points and eventually the designs of the tanks to fully incorporate the ERA. I think they need specific separation.

The models themselves are VERY nice and there is no reason to avoid the T-72B kit otherwise.

Jacques, thanks! I understand now....OBTW I've loved the T-72B since the early 80's. Remember the Army ID poster with the T-64 and T-72 comparison on it? Those pictures got me then and I can't wait to get the plain B kit. Already have the Trumpy model 1990!

Best, Bill
Phil5000
Visit this Community
New Zealand
Posted: Friday, May 06, 2016 - 04:50 PM UTC
What are Meng kits like, guys? Can someone tell me what to expect?

I'm a quite experienced modeller but I've only ever built Tamiya, and a couple of Dragon. I'm looking forward to branching out and trying other brands but I don't want to bite off more than I can chew.
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 4,099 posts
Armorama: 4,067 posts
Posted: Friday, May 06, 2016 - 06:35 PM UTC
In my opinion, Meng Models are one o the best manufacturers today, to me next to Tiger Model. The kit have the right balance between buildability and details. The only thing I don`t like are the multipart track, I rather prefer rubber tracks. You simply can´t go wrong with Meng Models, I eagerly await their Leopard 2 A7 kit.

HTH
Hans-Hermann
Phil5000
Visit this Community
New Zealand
Posted: Saturday, May 07, 2016 - 02:23 PM UTC

Quoted Text

In my opinion, Meng Models are one o the best manufacturers today, to me next to Tiger Model. The kit have the right balance between buildability and details. The only thing I don`t like are the multipart track, I rather prefer rubber tracks. You simply can´t go wrong with Meng Models, I eagerly await their Leopard 2 A7 kit.

HTH
Hans-Hermann

Thank you Hans. I'm looking forward to trying Meng. I've been looking closely at a lot of Trumpter kits because they offer so many subjects that I'm interested in. All the Soviet/Russian tanks of the cold war period. But by god they look hardcore with the tracks and all the tiny photo etch.

I'm about to start work on a BMP 2 but it has vinyl tracks and only a few photo etch parts. I bravely ordered a T-62, and I'll see how I go with those two before getting any more.

But I'm more stoked than ever for that Meng T-72.
Phil5000
Visit this Community
New Zealand
Posted: Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 08:45 AM UTC
Hi guys,

Well it seems to be out. There are tons on ebay and it seems to be available on Hobbyeasy but I can't find it on any other webstores, or any reviews of it. I thought it would be more popular. And weirdly its not among the available models on Mengs website. Its still "coming".

Do you think the ones on ebay are legit? Is it actually out? Has anyone seen one at their local store?

Cheers guys.
mksung
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 2 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 09:28 AM UTC
Hi

This kit was already released in China a few weeks ago.

There's a build review in Chinese:
http://www.moxing.net/2016/0624/7409.html

It doesn't matter if you can't read Chinese. The photos speak for themselves. There're in total 17 pages. In the middle of the first page you'll see some figures denoting page numbers, the rightmost is the "next page" button. Just click.
 _GOTOTOP