_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Tamiya Willys MB Jeep
docbrick
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 48 posts
Armorama: 43 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 10:55 PM UTC
Hi everyone,

This is my first time ever posting any of my modeling work online (not that I have done a prolific amount of work) and thought it would be nice to get some constructive feedback.

This is the third kit I've painted since I started taking modelling seriously (there has also been a one year gap since I last worked on any models).

Build was easy and fun. In hindsight I should have taken care of those ejector pin marks on the bottom of the Jeep. This was also my first time working with clear parts. I think I learned I need to improve my masking skills.

Paints and weathering by Ammo of Mig. The olive drab from Mig had an issue (bad batch), but MIG took care of the issue and then some! (seriously superb service)

Please forgive my bad quality photos, as I only have an Iphone to work with currently.

Click photos for larger resolution:

Grauwolf
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 2,485 posts
Armorama: 743 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 11:26 PM UTC
Very nice!

Cheers,
Joe
j76lr
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,081 posts
Armorama: 1,066 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 08:27 PM UTC
love the jeep . nice job .
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 09:47 PM UTC
Looks very nice. Good job on the weathering and a small amount of gear so it looks lived in, but not overburdened and weighed down with junk. A couple pointers.

First, the brass fire extinguisher on the driver's side should extend behind the dash in a straight, vertical position, not angled out like you have it.

Also, Tamiya's fault and not yours, the tire pressure markings above each wheel (TP25) was a post-WWII feature. If the tire pressure was marked anywhere, it was usually on the right side of the dash or on the inner window frame.

Wartime jeep w/o TP markings.

TP marking on the dash of an original '42 Willys MB.
alewar
Visit this Community
Canelones, Uruguay
KitMaker: 773 posts
Armorama: 765 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 10:27 PM UTC
Very nice one!

Maybe a bit of more color to the exhaust, but only if you turn the model .

I like it,

Regards

Alvaro
 _GOTOTOP