_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
1/35 Academy T-34/85
madcat911
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 112 posts
Armorama: 17 posts
Posted: Monday, May 16, 2016 - 09:00 PM UTC
I think I have been bitten by the armour bug. This is my second completed armour build in three weeks and second ever.

Kit is Academy's rendition of the venerable T-34/85 which served the Red Army with distinction during the Great Patriotic War. It was built OOB with exception of the decals. These came from a Tamiya kit as Academy's decals were not able to conform to the rather pronounced cast texture on the turret even with a hefty application of Mr Mark Softer.

It was painted with Gunze lacquers and weathering was done with enamels and pigments from AK Interactive as well as artists' oils.

I learnt a great deal during the painting and weathering stages and look forward to building another steel beast. Enjoy the photos!

Mark
qcarr1
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 67 posts
Armorama: 67 posts
Posted: Monday, May 16, 2016 - 09:47 PM UTC
Wow, that came out great! Can't believe it's only your second armor build! What was your first one and what's your next one??
madcat911
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 112 posts
Armorama: 17 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 06:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Wow, that came out great! Can't believe it's only your second armor build! What was your first one and what's your next one??

Thanks for the kind words.

My previous build was a Tiran-6 from Trumpeter. You can find it one page back in the Constructive Feedback forum.

Mark
Lawyer1
Visit this Community
South Africa
KitMaker: 72 posts
Armorama: 67 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 11:47 AM UTC
Only your second armour model??????

Very nice. Keep going.
billflorig
Visit this Community
Hawaii, United States
KitMaker: 152 posts
Armorama: 146 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 12:00 PM UTC
Mark, great work...keep it up! Excellent color modulation on the tank and good use of weathering techniques! Can't wait to see your next one!

Cheers,

Bill
andromeda673
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 584 posts
Armorama: 525 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 05:51 PM UTC
nice work! I'd be proud to put that on my shelf and call it done! welcome to the dark side of modeling!
 _GOTOTOP