_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Tamiya Panzer II
Rampenfest
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 193 posts
Armorama: 188 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 09:44 PM UTC
Hi all,

It has been about 5 years since I have last constructed a model. I found the really old 70's Tamiya Panzer II and thought it would be a good model to get back into it since it was cheap. I bought aftermarket barrels, aerial, and 20mm casings from RB Model and I am very impressed with them. I modeled my Panzer II after one from the 18th Panzer Division. This was my first time at using an oil wash and filter. I scratch built the exhaust cover and ran over the edges with a pencil to give it a worn look as well as pastel chalk over the whole model. Any hints/tips appreciated!

Close ups of barrels from RB Model. I am very impressed with their quality. I painted them black and gave them a dry brushing of gunmetal.

For the treads I painted black, then gave an oil wash of red ochre and drybrushed Tamiya's mettalic grey over them. I then added the dirt by applying ispropyl alcohol and adding crushed pastel chalk.

I was going for a look of the crew throwing out some empty casings from the turret.

My dullcoat left a residue on the spare wheel

Thanks for looking!

P.S. Does anyone know how to rotate the image? They upload sideways

- Joe
obg153
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,063 posts
Armorama: 1,049 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 08:46 AM UTC
Was catching up in the forums when I saw your PzII. Looks really good! This Tamiya kit has always been a favorite of mine. They are easy to modify & enhance, as you did, with a few AM items. They'll easily turn out a fine result like yours without a fuss. Nice job, Joe!
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
Armorama: 1,860 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 12:25 PM UTC

Quoted Text

P.S. Does anyone know how to rotate the image? They upload sideways

- Joe

Any photo editor should let you rotate before uploading, whether on computer or phone.
 _GOTOTOP