_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
WWII German Uniform Help Me
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 07:36 PM UTC
It will depend on which division, and whether SS, or Heer, is to be the subject. Then research that unit to see what uniforms they typically wore during that time period. Some units (especially elite, or SS) were issued new equipment and uniforms before others.
RonV
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 143 posts
Armorama: 120 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2016 - 10:48 PM UTC
Well you may have already completed your project by the time I've gotten around to responding. If not, this might help.

The insulated winter uniform issued to the Heer in fall 1942 was solid color (mouse gray) reversible to white. That gray shade was variable and some had a green tone. This outer layer in the initial production was made with wool. Luftwaffe troops might have had a blue tint to the gray. My 40 plus years of studying this type thing indicates that camouflage material such as used on the zeltbahn did not show up until the next winter (43-44).

The Waffen-SS solution for winter clothing was the fur lined anorak. These had a matching set of over trousers but were not fur lined. Demand out stripped production so some of the mouse gray outfits were loaned to the W-SS units. Again, there were no winter items in camouflage material until the following winter afaik.

FWIW
Ron Volstad
Naseby
Visit this Community
Slovakia
KitMaker: 825 posts
Armorama: 246 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2016 - 02:24 AM UTC
As a long time reenactor, uniform and gun collector I think the modeling community still has some missperceptions about the usage of uniforms. Its understandable that camouflage equipment is more interesting from a modelers-point of view, but the fact remains,that the Feldgrau Mantel /field-grey greatcoat/ was the standard issu winter uniform for most WH and SS troopers from 1939 till 1945. Greatcoat was the standard thing on stock and they were far more numerous then other winter clothing.
 _GOTOTOP