_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Armour builds from the atelier
Lokis_Tyro
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 128 posts
Armorama: 59 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 02:07 PM UTC
Hello out there. I've been "busy" with a little stalling on my Pak 40 so I thought I'd start a thread to have a little fun and to share my work. I'm using Tamiya's older kit so things have been kind of a nightmare in the cleanup dept. Heh, I would have logged the hours if I wanted a jacket with straps on the back. A lot of the kit cleans up decently but there are parts that were quite deformed or misaligned or both. And my first barrel assembly didn't quite go as planned because I rushed it instead of following my plan. Putty ain't helping this time. The brake lines were a bear, partly because they are too large and partly because I'm green. There's not much in the way of accuracy here, but I had planned on scratching more. I'm unsure of how much more I can put into it when there's still cleanup and puttying left. I'm hoping to be able to prime soon to see how things look. I'm thinking red oxide to have a base for rust. Here's my progress so far. Thanks for stopping by.

GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 4,648 posts
Armorama: 2,248 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 02:17 PM UTC
Hi Andrew,
Nice looking work on the Pak. Don't go crazy with the rust unless you're depicting abandoned gear. As an ex-artilleryman, I can assure you that even in the field, those guns get cleaned daily.

Cheers,

Gaz
Lokis_Tyro
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 128 posts
Armorama: 59 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 12:30 AM UTC
Got the Pak painted and a pinwash applied. I have a few parts that need paint yet but it's just about done. I may try to dust it with tan to fix the color a bit.

_GOTOTOP