_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Trumpeter containers
minimanfactory
Visit this Community
Vas, Hungary
KitMaker: 119 posts
Armorama: 118 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 11:16 PM UTC
Thank You Gino!
Yes, we have the M870A1.
I oersonally made the master. It is a lovely kit, can be built in a hour, the goose-neck functions and so on. I can not explain it could be better in injection mold...
And the price for the size of the trailer ?
I make a new mold for the parts, that You can order them freshli in perfect shape :-)

minimanfactory
Visit this Community
Vas, Hungary
Posted: Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 11:18 PM UTC
...and the probe of my truth:
I strongly recommend the container from Trumpi - as we got a bit off -) - as they should be better by injection , although we also have it yearlong...
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 11:24 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Perhaps if you wait a while, I think (hope) that Trumpeter will release other HEMTT variants.

I'm certainly in no hurry.. I just like to get as much info as I can about a certain project, then I see if it's feasible for me to get all the items necessary for it

Hisham
jfeenstra
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 342 posts
Armorama: 342 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 11:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I strongly recommend the container from Trumpi - as we got a bit off -) - as they should be better by injection , although we also have it yearlong...

You should consider releasing your decal sheet for the 20' container separately and perhaps a new set for the 40' container. Trumpeter only includes "China Shipping" in the 20' kit so "Maersk" would be a good option, and there are no company names included in the 40' as far as I can tell.
jon_a_its
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,336 posts
Armorama: 1,137 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 11:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

You should consider releasing your decal sheet for the 20' container separately and perhaps a new set for the 40' container. Trumpeter only includes "China Shipping" in the 20' kit so "Maersk" would be a good option, and there are no company names included in the 40' as far as I can tell.

20' kit so "Maersk" decals... Yes Please!
165thspc
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 9,465 posts
Armorama: 8,695 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 12:28 AM UTC
I really like the concept of the Tricon containers - wish I could load a set of them onto my soon to be M1120 LHS.

The following is and isn't off topic:

Can someone say a few words about the (I guess you world call it the late HEMTT) the M983A4 HEMMT tractor???

Looks to me like they have given up on the idea of pulling the engine air through the bottom middle of the cab. I imagine the earlier style cab was a lot harder to armor up underneath.

Now it appears the later design HEMTT has twin radiators, left and right sides. Are the fans for these electrically powered or are they mechanical?
The side mount radiators are going to make these trucks more vulnerable to snipers but i suspect the up armored cabs will offer better crew safety and at least you have a chance to drive out of trouble before the engine overheats. Hope they have a driver select option to cut one of the radiators out of the system and limp home on just the good one!

Thanks
minimanfactory
Visit this Community
Vas, Hungary
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 12:29 AM UTC
OK Guys!
You can talk with me :-)
I can sell decals only for the container.
Our has Maersk, Tiphook and US ARmy...
Thirian24
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 2,493 posts
Armorama: 2,344 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 12:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

If they did the M870A1, then this would be a sweet build.

You would also need M983A4 for that...

Thanks Pawel. I didn't realize that was an A4 when I posted that picture. But I should have noticed the differences.
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 4,099 posts
Armorama: 4,067 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 12:53 AM UTC
A4 HEMTT is different in many ways.
New engine comparment, different spare tire mount, cab comes from M1074, reworked suspension.
Photos here:
http://www.primeportal.net/transports/dieter_krause/m977a4/
Building the A4 is involving much more work than updating
the LHS.

Informations on the real one from Oshkosh site.
https://oshkoshdefense.com/vehicles/hemtt-a4/
165thspc
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 9,465 posts
Armorama: 8,695 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 06:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

A4 HEMTT is different in many ways.
New engine comparment, different spare tire mount, cab comes from M1074, reworked suspension.

Building the A4 is involving much more work than updating
the LHS.

I have no doubt it would be a tough conversion. I like it but I think I will wait for the model to be produced by . . . someone!
ChrisJohnson
KitMaker: 65 posts
Armorama: 53 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 03:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

If they did the M870A1, then this would be a sweet build.

Isn't the D9 quite a bit over-weight for the M870A1 trailer? The trailer is rated for 40 tons while the D9 weighs about 54 tons. Does the U.S. Army actually operate the M983A4/M870A1 combination as seen above?

Cheers,

Chris
 _GOTOTOP