_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Jagdtiger, Dragon 1/35.
VitorCosta
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 31 posts
Armorama: 31 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 09:34 PM UTC
Hello friends

Another "beast", the German JagdTiger. This is the 1/35 Dragon kit with Friul tracks and aluminium gun barrel.

Like the King Tiger this tanks didn't long much time so i rather represent it in a not so damaged/weathering stage of their life.

Thank you for looking, i hope you like it.

Cheers

Vitor Costa
Naseby
Visit this Community
Slovakia
KitMaker: 825 posts
Armorama: 246 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 10:00 PM UTC
Very nice work. I especially like how You portraited the tracks and wheels.
deathdork
KitMaker: 314 posts
Armorama: 296 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 11:27 PM UTC
Overall I liked it very much. From a realism standpoint it strikes me that the side mounted spare tracks are over rusted and with that level of rust it would be more likely found on an outdoor museum piece that has been sitting around for a few decades.

Keep up the good work and keep having fun!
zontar
Visit this Community
Hawaii, United States
KitMaker: 1,646 posts
Armorama: 1,557 posts
Posted: Monday, September 05, 2016 - 12:07 AM UTC
Nicely done.
-zon
RLlockie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,112 posts
Armorama: 938 posts
Posted: Monday, September 05, 2016 - 12:18 AM UTC
Nice work but why are the cleaning rods red and white? Apart from the camouflage compromise inherent in driving about with brightly coloured stowage, they have no need to be painted so I'd be inclined to opt for bare wood or have them overpainted by the camouflage. Artillery ranging rods are the red/white ones but these are not ranging rods.
melonhead
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 662 posts
Armorama: 457 posts
Posted: Monday, September 05, 2016 - 01:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice work but why are the cleaning rods red and white? Apart from the camouflage compromise inherent in driving about with brightly coloured stowage, they have no need to be painted so I'd be inclined to opt for bare wood or have them overpainted by the camouflage. Artillery ranging rods are the red/white ones but these are not ranging rods.

i would say that the red and white ones are meant to be the range stakes. they are all the same length. i do not believe them to be cleaning rods whatsoever as there is nothing that tells me that they are the cleaning rods. on the other hand, the set that is painted the wood color have an odd rod that is different size from the rest and typically a sign of being the cleaning rods.
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rhinosd/media/Jagdtiger23.jpg.html
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2284/2213867042_ef8beb13ba.jpg
VitorCosta
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 31 posts
Armorama: 31 posts
Posted: Monday, September 05, 2016 - 04:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Robert
Thank you, im glad you like it, about the rods, i don't know to who you can ask about it, i only reproduce what i see, believe me, you will never see something "invented" on my works, if its there its because its on the instructions or its supported by images.

As you can see they could be on both sides of the hull :-)

http://armedman.ru/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/YAgdtigr-2.jpg

http://worldwartwozone.com/gallery.old/500/medium/jagdtiger_2.JPG
hanb7323
Visit this Community
Daejeon, Korea / 대한민국
KitMaker: 408 posts
Armorama: 407 posts
Posted: Monday, September 05, 2016 - 04:31 AM UTC
Very nice!!
HK_AFV
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 454 posts
Armorama: 431 posts
Posted: Monday, September 05, 2016 - 09:34 AM UTC
Hi Vitor,

A very nicely done JagdTiger, great camo and weathering overall. Just one minor point, from the pics, the barrel looks a bit "too clean" comparing to the rest of the tank IMHO.

Paul
ReluctantRenegade
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 2,408 posts
Armorama: 2,300 posts
Posted: Monday, September 05, 2016 - 01:01 PM UTC
Beautiful work, Vitor ! Could you tell us more about the specific vehicle you've modeled ?
BootsDMS
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 978 posts
Armorama: 965 posts
Posted: Monday, September 05, 2016 - 03:18 PM UTC
A lovely model indeed but I would have to support the earlier post that it is not equipped with Artillery type sighting rods but cleaning rods. In any case the vehicle is a mobile anti tank gun not a self-propelled artillery piece; even if it were, the number of rods - for artillery purposes - would be excessive as I believe only 2 such rods are normally used on artillery pieces when emplaced statically (however, I am not an Artilleryman).

It simply doesn't make sense for a mobile tank hunting vehicle to be equipped with such rods.

I suspect that this has grown up over the years due to a mis-interpretation of black and white photographs whereby the mixture of smooth metal/wood and milled surfaces of the cleaning rods has led people to think they are coloured.

Bovington Tank Museum - somewhat neglecting their exhibit compared to their King Tiger cousins - have merely added to the confusion by affixing some painted broom handles to the side of their Jagdtiger thus perpetuating the impression.

Bonaparte84
Visit this Community
Hessen, Germany
KitMaker: 338 posts
Armorama: 331 posts
Posted: Monday, September 05, 2016 - 04:03 PM UTC

Quoted Text

A lovely model indeed but I would have to support the earlier post that it is not equipped with Artillery type sighting rods but cleaning rods. In any case the vehicle is a mobile anti tank gun not a self-propelled artillery piece; even if it were, the number of rods - for artillery purposes - would be excessive as I believe only 2 such rods are normally used on artillery pieces when emplaced statically (however, I am not an Artilleryman).

It simply doesn't make sense for a mobile tank hunting vehicle to be equipped with such rods.

I suspect that this has grown up over the years due to a mis-interpretation of black and white photographs whereby the mixture of smooth metal/wood and milled surfaces of the cleaning rods has led people to think they are coloured.

Bovington Tank Museum - somewhat neglecting their exhibit compared to their King Tiger cousins - have merely added to the confusion by affixing some painted broom handles to the side of their Jagdtiger thus perpetuating the impression.

Very nice built!
Howver, those rods indeed were cleaning rods. Looking at the length of the barrel you need a few.
The pics provided showing two coloured rods all stem from the same eraly type Porsche suspension vehicle during trials on a training ground. God knows why they used two coloured poles then, but there is no evidence of such poloes on any vehicle at the actual frontline. Cheers!
RLlockie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,112 posts
Armorama: 938 posts
Posted: Monday, September 05, 2016 - 10:05 PM UTC
Hi Vitor

That particular wagon is at Haustenbeck proving grounds so not a front line example. Clearly if one were to model it as is, striped poles (of whatever colours they are) would be correct but the one you built is a different example. The giveaway that the ones on the model are cleaning rods is that one end of each of them has a projecting parallel-sided screw which attaches to the other end of another rod like a drain cleaning rod. As noted, the barrel is quite long but it is also quite high, so no doubt quite a few sections were necessary to allow enough crewmen to use it from ground level, hence the brackets being on both sides.

Since ranging rods stick in the ground, they have a point on one end, which these don't.
Dragline
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 24 posts
Armorama: 16 posts
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2016 - 09:59 PM UTC
Outstanding in every respect. I hope to reach this level at some point.
j76lr
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,081 posts
Armorama: 1,066 posts
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2016 - 10:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hi Robert
Thank you, im glad you like it, about the rods, i don't know to who you can ask about it, i only reproduce what i see, believe me, you will never see something "invented" on my works, if its there its because its on the instructions or its supported by images.

As you can see they could be on both sides of the hull :-)

http://armedman.ru/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/YAgdtigr-2.jpg

http://worldwartwozone.com/gallery.old/500/medium/jagdtiger_2.JPG

I believe we called them aiming rods. I only trained on a mortar but remember them from training .
 _GOTOTOP