_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
New (ish) Dragon StuH 42 Ausf. E/F
clovis899
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 774 posts
Armorama: 605 posts
Posted: Monday, October 03, 2016 - 10:26 AM UTC
Hey all,
Here is a photo of the latest kit to make it off the workbench. It is the new Dragon StuH 42 Ausf. E/F, mostly made up from sprues that have been previously released with other kits, but no matter, at least we get to build it!
Hope you like it and any suggestions gladly accepted! I'll be working on a review of the kit over the next couple of weeks.

Cheers,
Rick Cooper
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Monday, October 03, 2016 - 12:54 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey all,
Here is a photo of the latest kit to make it off the workbench. It is the new Dragon StuH 42 Ausf. E/F, mostly made up from sprues that have been previously released with other kits, but no matter, at least we get to build it!
Hope you like it and any suggestions gladly accepted! I'll be working on a review of the kit over the next couple of weeks.

Cheers,
Rick Cooper

Hi, Rick!

NICE JOB! I'm glad that you didn't "over-weather" this model! The only other thing that I personally would have done as far as the "coloring" of this fine model is concerned, is that I would have "toned-down the "Balkenkreuz" just a wee bit...

Please, don't take this comment as negative criticism...

I ESPECIALLY like the way that you simulated the "partially-dried mud" in the lower portions of your project!!!
clovis899
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 04:38 AM UTC
Hey Dennis,
Thanks for the suggestion, hadn't even noticed it. I will try to carve out some time tonight and drop some filters on the Balkenkreuz to tone them down.

Cheers,
Rick
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 07:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey Dennis,
Thanks for the suggestion, hadn't even noticed it. I will try to carve out some time tonight and drop some filters on the Balkenkreuz to tone them down.

Cheers,
Rick

Hey, Chris!!!

THANKS for taking me up on my "suggestion", which I hadn't really meant for it to be- Just a comment on what I personally, would have done!

Nevertheless, I'm happy that you're going to tone-down the Balkenkreuzen on your StuG.III! Have you any other pics of this model to share with us?
clovis899
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 03:01 AM UTC
Ha Ha!
Well I have some photos but they still have the shiny new crosses! Still need to tone them down; I will post something in the next day or so.
Cheers,
Rick
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 03:32 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Ha Ha!
Well I have some photos but they still have the shiny new crosses! Still need to tone them down; I will post something in the next day or so.
Cheers,
Rick

Hi, Rick!

I'll be looking forward to seeing them!
 _GOTOTOP