_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Revell T-90 A 1:72 scale
cookiemonster
Visit this Community
Hamburg, Germany
KitMaker: 8 posts
Armorama: 7 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 12:11 AM UTC
Hello folks,
I'd like to show you some of my works, in this case the Revell T-90 A.
This is a wonderfull kit with very nicely made details, no putty required, perfect fit and I did not even need hot water to bend these new tracks. I have no Idea why they get so much hate. I used Vallejo paints, it is part brush painted, because I couldn't get the edges of the camouflage as clean as I liked them to be. Sealed with Vallejo matt varnish.

Some people will say it looks too clean, and yes, you are right, the thing is I never was brave enough to try out any of these fancy weathering techniques, and I simply lack the skill to do it. I hope you enjoy it anyway.

Cheers,

cookie
firstcircle
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,249 posts
Armorama: 2,007 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 01:20 AM UTC
Duncan, the model looks very cleanly built and neatly painted, but it does appear a little bit "flat". Why not take the plunge and try out some other finishing techniques on an old model first before applying it to something that you have put a lot of time into? Or perhaps on some cheap and easy wargames models like Armourfast etc. that don't take much building.
Then again, don't let me pressure you... It's your model and your hobby!
srmalloy
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 336 posts
Armorama: 298 posts
Posted: Monday, October 10, 2016 - 11:32 PM UTC
The concrete apron the tank is sitting on looks out of scale; are you sure you used the correct reference pictures when you built it?
cookiemonster
Visit this Community
Hamburg, Germany
KitMaker: 8 posts
Armorama: 7 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 07:55 PM UTC
Thanks for the reply guys.

Yeah, it does indeed look a bit flat. I sucessfully used some washing at the engine grills, but that's all I dared to do as I painted it. It will get a rework someday, it has been damged as I moved. and I still got a regular T-90 here, waiting to be finished.

@Sean: Damn, now as you say it. Need to pay mroe attention next time.
 _GOTOTOP