_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Re: [G] D9R Armored Bulldozer - Meng 1:35.
Gelerth
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Mazowieckie, Poland
KitMaker: 169 posts
Armorama: 136 posts
Posted: Monday, October 10, 2016 - 12:18 PM UTC
I've completed this model somewhere around April-May. I took only few weeks to build it as it was a real pleasure to work on it. Great kit, excellent fitting, many options like working tracks, ripper, dozer etc. It was build almost OOB, only RB model antennas mount were added.

Simple base just to present model as abandoned, rusted and dusted.

Please watch and comment:

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-
Thirian24
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 2,493 posts
Armorama: 2,344 posts
Posted: Monday, October 10, 2016 - 02:25 PM UTC
Very nice!
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Monday, October 10, 2016 - 04:48 PM UTC
It looks great. The base really sets it off too. One small correction though, the two water cans on the right side are not US style cans, but Israeli water cans. The US does not use that style, but the below style.

If you could swap them out for US cans, it would look better.
melonhead
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 662 posts
Armorama: 457 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 08:17 AM UTC
i happen to find this kit on ebay for 40$. ever since i saw it built for the first time, it was a must have for me. it truly is a great kit. If anyone were to do this, i also suggest the voyager PE set. I am in the process of completing the PE stuff, but have a ways to go.

The only bad part about this kit, and is true for most tracked vehicles is it falls victim to having too many links, or not enough (making it too loose, or too tight). There is no middle ground OOB. i ended up modifying it so that i could customize it for the metal track links that i got for it.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2016 - 08:26 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The only bad part about this kit, and is true for most tracked vehicles is it falls victim to having too many links, or not enough (making it too loose, or too tight). There is no middle ground OOB. i ended up modifying it so that i could customize it for the metal track links that i got for it.

You can make the track tension adjustable pretty easily. Here is how Marcus Nicholls explained it over at Missing-Links on his build.

_GOTOTOP