_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Tamiya M10 WIP
flippen_waffles
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 143 posts
Armorama: 116 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 10:34 AM UTC
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share with you all the progress on my M10 build. Everything has gone together nicely, no major issues. I did substitute a set of Dragon M4 bogies for the Tamiya offering, I felt they were lacking in detail. Not to mention how they are constructed leaves a major seamline down the middle with most of it being difficult to reach. Anyways, enjoy the photos.

ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,023 posts
Armorama: 1,234 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 04:27 PM UTC
Very, very nice so far Jon. How much of the driver's compartment do you think you will see when it's completed ? The reason I ask is I have an old Academy kit and would steal the parts from it to finish the interior.
Anyway, thanks a bunch for sharing and please keep posting pics as your build progresses.

Tom
doppelganger
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 557 posts
Armorama: 217 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 08:44 PM UTC
Nice clean meticulous build so far. how do you suppose they loaded the rounds looks awfully tight in that compartment
flippen_waffles
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 09:15 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Very, very nice so far Jon. How much of the driver's compartment do you think you will see when it's completed ? The reason I ask is I have an old Academy kit and would steal the parts from it to finish the interior.
Anyway, thanks a bunch for sharing and please keep posting pics as your build progresses.

Tom

I think adding the drivers compartment would not be a bad idea. I will try and get a couple pictures up with the turret in place to give us a better idea.

David - Definitely not a lot of room in there! Especially when you figure there will be a total of 3 guys all moving around in there.
flippen_waffles
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2016 - 10:46 PM UTC
Got the major subassemblies completed. Waiting on some putty to dry on the rear counter weights and should be lying down some paint this weekend.

ryally
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 879 posts
Armorama: 330 posts
Posted: Monday, November 21, 2016 - 04:21 AM UTC
Which brand of barrel did you get and does it fit well?
docbrick
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 48 posts
Armorama: 43 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 24, 2016 - 02:37 AM UTC
Eagerly following this build. Looking good so far.

This is the next kit I will be working on.
flippen_waffles
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2016 - 05:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Which brand of barrel did you get and does it fit well?

I went with the Aber metal barrel. There is a slight difference in length between the Aber and the kit barrel. The part that goes into the breech is too wide in diameter ob the Aber barrel so I had to turn it down to get it to fit. After all that work, I ended up sticking with the kit barrel. Im in the painting stage currently, hoping to get some pics up before the end of the weekend.
flippen_waffles
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 01:52 AM UTC
Well, hate to say it, but I've lost interest in the M10 build. Great kit, however the subject was boring to me. I mainly like to build late war German WWII tanks and the American/Allied stuff was never all that appealing to me.

Since I've shelved the M10, I started working on something that I haven't done much of. Photoetch! The shiny brass bits we all love to hate. I've mainly stayed away from the stuff because I want to get to painting and weathering as quickly as possible.

Here are some snaps of my recent work. Voyager Panther G etch set in 1/35. All joints/connections are soldered.

_GOTOTOP