_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
A 34 Comet shelf queen - 1:35 Bronco
Pedro
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Pomorskie, Poland
KitMaker: 1,208 posts
Armorama: 1,023 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 04:18 AM UTC
Hello,

Here's a project I've been working on since probably 2007/2008 when the Bronco's Comet was stil hot new kit. Then something went wrong, and I have almost completely stoped finishing kits of... Oh yeah, I finished studies in 2008, probably thats what happened?

Ok, so the kit was built with some goodies in the form of Legends resin detailing set, Lionmarc Besa turned barrels and Bronco's clickable plastick link by link tracks. It got paintedwith color modulation, decalled and I started some gentle weathering. Then I was coming back to it every couple of years I think, tried some new technique and stopped again after doing say, one fender or so...

Good thing plastic models dont have a shelf life stamped on them... or do they? Last year we moved and after unpacking and putting it on a new shelf it became obvious that Legends' resin turret roof sagged a little and shrunk a little bit too... go figure. I belive that the resin turret front with canvas cover was in better shape but I decided to remove these parts altogether and revert back to plastic original parts I had luckily stowed away.

This meant I had to sculpt my own canvas cover out of white fine millput and add some welds and details from evergreen: periscopes and loader's hatches padding. I also refitted commanders cupola to sit deeper in its collar as in the original. Couldn't find plastic commander's hatches so I've left the resin ones in place, hope they won't or didn't shrunk already.

After restoring the turret I decided to finish weathering the hull and suspesion. Effects on the hull are mostly oils, some humbrol dust. Hull sides and suspension have been treated with artist's store pigments and AK pigment fixer, then stained with oils.

Next I'll have to paint added turret parts and blend it with the rest, then weather the turret, plan is to finish it this time, till the end of the year.

Coments and criticism are most welcome

Cheers,
Greg
j76lr
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,081 posts
Armorama: 1,066 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 09:33 PM UTC
nice job great weathering
Pedro
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Pomorskie, Poland
KitMaker: 1,208 posts
Armorama: 1,023 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 04:37 AM UTC
Thanks Lou!

In the meantime, after consulting the weathering on the comet with the guys from my local club, I've decided to wash off the mud from the running gear entierly, which even without new mud does look much better anyway. Also got the basic colors of the new turret roof painted, commander figure is still a work in progress.

The offending mud was washed off with enamel thinner

Here I've tried the new mud colour on the rear fenders:

Cheers,
Greg
 _GOTOTOP