_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Merkava Mk IIID vs Mk III BAZ
IronLady
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 25 posts
Armorama: 24 posts
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2016 - 11:11 PM UTC
Need some help here. I ordered from my LHS Meng's Merkava Mk.III BAZ with mine roller. While I was waiting on that to come in, I got Voyager's PE set and Spade Ace tracks. Unknown to me, they(LHS)was unable to get the kit so instead got me the Mk. IIID kit and the mine roller set to go with it. How much different are the two tanks? Can I use the tracks and the PE set on the IIID kit? Or am I just screwed? I wish they called me first before they ordered!
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 1,966 posts
Armorama: 1,635 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 12:20 AM UTC
Yes Rebecca, you can use the tracks and PE set on the 3D kit. I have both, plus the Voyager set for the 3D. They are essentially the same kit, with a few different/extra parts here and there. (and of course the mine roller.) Not having the voyager set in front of me, you may not be able to use all of it, but a good portion of it will work w the 3D.

Good luck,
Mike
IronLady
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 25 posts
Armorama: 24 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 01:15 AM UTC
Hey thanks Mike I'm glad to hear that! I wasn't a happy camper when I found out what happen. I kinda figured I could use the PE, but wasn't sure about the tracks.
Keef1648
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,240 posts
Armorama: 1,192 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 03:36 AM UTC
I doubt it was a special order (pre paid) so if you don't want it, don't worry about it.

Perhaps the distributor(s) were out of stock on the combined kit and the store tried more than one to get the item but came up empty.

So they got the next best thing, something rather than nothing.

If no money has exchanged hands your under no obligation to purchase the items and you can possibly find your own online.

Talk to the store, I'm certain they are reasonable people.

Be of good cheer this time of year, it's Christmas.

_GOTOTOP