_GOTOBOTTOM
AFV Painting & Weathering
Answers to questions about the right paint scheme or tips for the right effect.
masking putty
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,517 posts
Armorama: 1,109 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 04:56 PM UTC
A couple of days ago is arrived the Theraputty package with 3 packs of 2 oz (57g) for a total of 24$Au shipping included for 6oz (170g), Black X-Firm, Blue Firm and Green Medium, today with family we did our monthly trip into "The Big Smoke" and went to the LHS because has PanzerPutty and I brought a piece of Theraputty Black X-Firm to compare ......

Identical in every way, odor, texture and without residues, she is without any doubt.

So if you want to save several $$$$ take the black Theraputty which is the PanzerPutty/Mig MaskingPutty without the metal box that makes only very fancy and pricy!

I must admit that it looks much better than the Bluetack or SillyPutty which is very similar but it seems more greasy and definitely much more' soft,stiky and less controllable

For the Aussie i buy the stuff here...

https://www.betterbraces.com.au/cando-theraputty?gclid=CjwKEAiA-rfDBRDeyOybg8jd2U4SJAAoE5XqemORw8MamQd8RFJWlPDNBMUz_9uE927QmW9vFpwKlBoCijjw_wcB

...They hare superfast in 4 days from the purcase was here

I keep the Blue an Black for me and i give the green to my kids for play...

For less then the price of 80g of PanzerPutty you can buy 1lb (453g) of stuff!!
urumomo
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 675 posts
Armorama: 667 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 08:26 PM UTC
very cool , Vicious -
Now for the Phase II : see what it will do better ( or worse )

You say is feels oily ?
Does it leave a residue ?

be sure and have some for lunch -- see if you feel bloated ...
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,517 posts
Armorama: 1,109 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 02:35 AM UTC
Sorry i badly explained myself, Silly putty seems more greasy and sticky then TP,to the delight of my better half i did some tests on a window and does not seem to leave residues of any kind.

Beginning makes a strange effect because it seems very hard, perhaps too hard to work but learned to handle it is surprising.
 _GOTOTOP