_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Aussie Chev fuel tanker - update one
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 12:01 PM UTC
well I have got the tank body about 2/3rds done. This has been converted out of the Italeri GMC water tank body. I still have to sand the filler and alter the bottom. It is just sitting on temperary blocks to judge the hight. The cab is also partly done and is a modified Italeri GMC water tank truck cab. The cowl had to be widened 60 thou or 1 & 1/2 mm to suit the Tamiya body. Still to do are the doors and fill in the top firewall section. The whole body is only sitting on the chassis at the moment.

the 60thou packer in the cowl unit. Still a lot of filling and sanding to do here.

this end when sanded will go behind the cab. The flat base of this body will also be removed when the filler is dry on the top.

any and all comments welcomed. More pics including a copy of a picture of the real truck can be found in the first installment of 'Aussie Chev Fuel tanker'
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 04:36 PM UTC
Brother Roo another one for the great collection. I will be looking at this build. Please keep us posted on your progress. Will this one have the same type of camo as the other truck that you just finished? They will look good together.
andy007
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,088 posts
Armorama: 1,257 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 08:51 PM UTC
Cliff,
looking awesome, with the two tone camo it will be another different subject for the collection, How do you deal with the plastic card knife or......?
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 01:10 AM UTC
another good work.will you paint it in the same camo pattern as before?
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 06:56 AM UTC
Well Mr Roo you certainly have a love affaire with that Tamiya LRDG truck ..lol ...I hope you have a bunch of them stowed away for future projects...Excellent job so far ...you take modelling to that extra step and create models that will never exist in plastic or in resin for that matter ...I can't wait to see your progress ..keep us posted ...

Rick
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 08:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

another good work.will you paint it in the same camo pattern as before?

the pic shows the truck painted in Aussie "khaki" green but as there were seven different camo schemes I thought I would do this one in a two color scheme of green on desert stone just to be slightly different to the other one.

thank you for your comments

PS> I will have another 3 unopened kits to play with...lol
 _GOTOTOP