_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
[G] SCUD B - Trumpeter 1:35.
Gelerth
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Mazowieckie, Poland
KitMaker: 169 posts
Armorama: 136 posts
Posted: Monday, January 09, 2017 - 12:59 PM UTC
This is another model that I've managed to completed in the last year. I waited long time for the Meng SCUD but it looks like it will never see the day light that's why I've reached for the Trympy's version. Quite good model with lot's of option like movable missile, full interior, engine and transmission parts, steerable front two axles and many others but a lot of thing have to be done carefully. I managed to break two wheel arms from 8, I was not able to fit properly drivers cab with front bumper. The same for the equipment section covers. I left them unglued as I was affraid that I will break something trying to fit them.
As for addons. I replaced the bumper rope for EurekaXXL one, antenna mount and antenna for the RB Model version and I used very poor IMO small voyager kit for launcher piping. Few resin and PE parts and useless, hard as steel spring pipe (I've replaced it with the thin copper wire insulation) and no instruction hot to do the piping - waste of money.
For the base I've used resin chapel from EurekaXXL (I've only made a bigger wooden orthodox version of cross).
Please watch and comment.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-
Armored76
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 1,615 posts
Armorama: 1,500 posts
Posted: Monday, January 09, 2017 - 01:32 PM UTC
You did a marvelous job on this kit! The missing pipes at the back are indeed a major let down but I think you reproduced them excellently.

Top notch!
ijozic
KitMaker: 109 posts
Armorama: 109 posts
Posted: Monday, January 09, 2017 - 01:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

You did a marvelous job on this kit! The missing pipes at the back are indeed a major let down but I think you reproduced them excellently.Top notch!

They do look very nicely done, but aren't these pipes at the back installed by the crew only when the launcher is set into a firing position?

Trumpeter does include some piping parts with its SCUD crew kit, though I'd be surprised if it also included detailed instructions on how to connect these correctly.
Gelerth
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Mazowieckie, Poland
KitMaker: 169 posts
Armorama: 136 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 12:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You did a marvelous job on this kit! The missing pipes at the back are indeed a major let down but I think you reproduced them excellently.
Top notch!

Thank you very much.

Quoted Text

They do look very nicely done, but aren't these pipes at the back installed by the crew only when the launcher is set into a firing position?

Trumpeter does include some piping parts with its SCUD crew kit, though I'd be surprised if it also included detailed instructions on how to connect these correctly.

Honestly, Im not sure when pipes were installed. When I was searching the net for some reference photos, each SCUD have them installed, so I assumed that they are always on vehicle.
 _GOTOTOP