_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Romanian R2 (CMK 1/35) WIP?
kampfy
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 198 posts
Armorama: 161 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 07:34 AM UTC
Never posted anything here, but here goes.

A little background first

I found this kit and conversion forgotten in a box in the corner of a closet while doing cleaning about three years ago. Rather than tossing it back in and forget about it, I instead began piecing together various items for it in an attempt to bring up to more modern standards.

The kit

R2 from the 1st Armored Division of the Royal Romanian Army.

This is the old CMK kit with MR Modellbau conversion, Passion Models wheel set, Royal Models detail set, Lionmarc barrel, SKP tow cables and Modelkasten Tracks. I have also replaced some of the tools with spare parts from Tristar's 38(t) series and done some other minor detailing. The markings are from Bison Decals and the figure is from Miniart's Hungarian tank crew converted with arms from Tamiya and a Hornet head.

Marked as WIP cause I have not really weathered it so any ideas for a summer in the southern USSR?

Hindsight being 20/20 it would have probably been better (and cheaper) to have used Academy or Bronco's kit as a basis for the conversion parts, but something inside of me really wanted to build that CMK kit.
j76lr
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,081 posts
Armorama: 1,066 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 12:26 AM UTC
nice build nice paintjob. once you muddy it up itll be great
 _GOTOTOP