_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
RSO/01 type 470 tractor
trnkepfc
Visit this Community
Serbia & Montenegro
KitMaker: 21 posts
Armorama: 20 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 05:04 PM UTC
Italeri :RSO/01 type 470 tractor
scale:1/35,
tarpaulin: tissue and wood glue
colors:vallejo
artists pigments

obg153
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,063 posts
Armorama: 1,049 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 09:11 PM UTC
Nice job! I like that dusty, grubby finish and the tarp looks convincing.
Dioramartin
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 1,476 posts
Armorama: 1,463 posts
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2017 - 05:36 AM UTC
Hi Ratomir

You’ve done a really excellent job - I’ve looked at this kit box so many times over the years and for unknown reasons not bought it, I think you’ve just changed my mind! As we’re in the Constructive Feedback forum I have a couple of (hopefully helpful) comments;

The condition of the tarp is slightly too clean, it’s contrasting with the heavy weathering of the vehicle – maybe a little more dust on it? Also the edges of the tarp need rope ties every (?) 6 or 7 millimetres, either tying it to the cargo-bed walls or hanging loose. Beige-coloured cotton thread works, although it’s a good idea to “swoop” a length of it about 10 cms above a candle-flame to gently burn off the “hairiness”. I know it is a bit of a cliché but with all that mud, each wiper should have cleared an arc of mud from the screen. One easy way is to cut the correct shape from the sticky part of a Post-It note and use it as a mask to either airbrush or brush a dilute mud-wash onto the screen. If you try that, of course don’t forget to clean the screen first before you start...

Great job,

Tim
trnkepfc
Visit this Community
Serbia & Montenegro
KitMaker: 21 posts
Armorama: 20 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 11:06 PM UTC
Thank you guys, and Tim tnx for advices,i'll try to do what you wrote!!

cheers
Ratomir
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
Armorama: 2,052 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 11:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

... it’s a good idea to “swoop” a length of it about 10 cms above a candle-flame to gently burn off the “hairiness”...

There's a much better (and much safer)way to get rid of "hairy" thread-- just run it over a block of beeswax. This works for any thread-- and is an age-old model ship maker's trick that works equally well for armor modelers.
Your RSO is excellent-- Tim's suggestions will make it even better-- but don't get "burned" trying to "un-fray" that thread!
VR, Russ
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 12:21 AM UTC
Hi Ratomir,

I love these little Prime Movers and yours is especially nice! Since seeing your build, I moved my RSO up a couple of notches in the "to do list!"

Cheers!🍺
—mike
 _GOTOTOP