_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
nearly done
doppelganger
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 557 posts
Armorama: 217 posts
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2017 - 09:57 AM UTC
not much weathering here, as I prefer. I went with a light color to simulate pine on the rocket crates.I am not sure about the decal locations, it is plausible that the crosses needed to be visible due to the rockets obscuring the lower tank areas.Trying to avoid friendly fire?
doppelganger
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2017 - 09:42 AM UTC
doppelganger
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2017 - 09:49 AM UTC
Fire away guys, I need constructive criticism. No camo here since I lack the skill, feasible that this tank could have been just grey.From what I gather these units were not front line tanks however they served well against partisan activity. No hull #, I can not find anything to work. My intention was to put hull # on back below the cross. Thanks for looking
PanzerKarl
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,439 posts
Armorama: 1,980 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2017 - 01:37 PM UTC
To me the grey looks a bit monotone,the model could benefit from applying some filters and washes to brake up the monotone look.maybe highlight some edges with a lighter grey dry brush and add some paint chips and pigments.

Just a suggestion.
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2017 - 03:03 PM UTC
Matt model paint is usually far to matt and gives a very dull and monotone surface.
One way around this is to cover it with a thin coat of satin clear, another way is to "polish" the kit gently with your fingers.

/ Robin
Namabiiru
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 2,888 posts
Armorama: 1,920 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2017 - 05:44 PM UTC
The wood grain on the rocket crates is perfect!

doppelganger
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2017 - 10:37 PM UTC
yea,pretty far off the mark should have gone all the way with the weathering, or none at all looks rather monotonous.Only one of my models was full on weathering as you can see with the link I provided.guess I am indecisive about what I want.Weathering is more interesting instead of building a factory fresh tank. As it is, the tank has a coat of MIG faded panzer grey pigment brushed on dry with some track brown on the tracks.I guess the rocket crates were of pine stud construction?or sometimes metal. thanks for the input https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/202751#1698611
 _GOTOTOP