_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Airfix Centurion 1:76 scale MK. 12 conversion
cookiemonster
Visit this Community
Hamburg, Germany
KitMaker: 8 posts
Armorama: 7 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 07:23 PM UTC
Hello folks,

Do you know that feeling? You finally managed to get your hands on that old kit of a thing that did not have a modern release and you want to convert it into something great?

Well, that was my feeling as I heard that ACE is releasing new Centurion kits. And since I still have two Centurions here, I thought I start them. I want to convert the MK. 8 into a MK. 10. Maybe I'll build a MK.13 at one point out of the 2nd kit.

And I need your help. I do have some literature, but I do not have many pictures.
What I did so far, I reworked the rear, giving it the one piece back armor plate:

I also apologize for the picture quality, my camera's battery is empty and needs to be recharged. But you can recognize what I did so far.
cookiemonster
Visit this Community
Hamburg, Germany
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2017 - 03:19 PM UTC
Alright, I was finally able to get some Militput to model the gun mantlet. BUt which mantlet is the right one? I found 2 types. One that looks like big block of metal, like this: http://s1210.photobucket.com/user/wrightstuff1/media/Misc/Mk10a.jpg.html
And one that is C shaped with a bulge for the co axial machine gun. http://hobbymastercollector.com/files/HG3504-1.jpg
I found MK. 13s with this mantlet and MK. 12s with the C-shaped mantled. I tried to use the Centurion Mk. 12 in Munster as inspiration, but after some research I am confused.

Could anybody help me out?
firstcircle
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,249 posts
Armorama: 2,007 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 05:56 AM UTC
Duncan, re-reading your posts, I'm not clear which mark you are trying to build, and therefore which mantlet you want to know about. Can you clarify what it is that you are looking for?
cookiemonster
Visit this Community
Hamburg, Germany
Posted: Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 09:10 PM UTC
I am trying to build a MK. 12.
I've modeled it after the Centurion in Munster, or after the pictures I found of it.
Had some troubles in my private life which still get sorted so, nothing special happened.

I've modeled the mantlet after the Centurion on Munster.

And damn, that Macro is evil.

And the overall look.

What I did so far:
I modeled the Gun mantlet.
I modeled the missing part of the turret ring
 _GOTOTOP