_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Arado-234-Dawn of the jet age
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Monday, March 13, 2017 - 09:50 PM UTC
I don't know if aircraft dios are verboten here or not. I took these new pics of a project from around 1995 or so because it is leaving the house tomorrow as a gift to my Cancer Doc. I can't think of a more deserving guy. This whole plane is scratchbuilt except for the vac wings and fuselage. Even the bombs.
Hope yo get a little bang out of it anyway.

jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, March 13, 2017 - 09:55 PM UTC

Goodbye Mr Bomber. I hope you enjoy your new home.
BTW this was meant to show a bomber version of this plane from Bomber Wing 76,which if I remember correctly,was Major Baumbecks' command when they went after the Remagen Bridge. I could be wrong about the officer but not the Wing.The blue meant a specific Gruppe,I think,or Schwadron,help me out fellas,I am having another senior moment.
J

TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,531 posts
Armorama: 859 posts
Posted: Monday, March 13, 2017 - 10:09 PM UTC
Sweet, any and all dios are welcome as far as I'm concerned, especially as well done as this. Al
pnance26
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 766 posts
Armorama: 518 posts
Posted: Monday, March 13, 2017 - 11:42 PM UTC
Jerry,
Any dio from you is well worth seeing! And what a great gift for your doctor! Hope he enjoys it!

And it is a great example of your excellent work!

Thanks for sharing!
panzerconor
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,271 posts
Armorama: 1,253 posts
Posted: Monday, March 13, 2017 - 11:43 PM UTC
Geeze! You were building this while I was still crapping in diapers with the vocabulary of a potato. (So, less than a year old). Well done! You really are multitalented- I can't imagine being great at figures and armor as well as planes, let alone scratch built ones. Good show!

-Conor
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
Armorama: 1,860 posts
Posted: Monday, March 13, 2017 - 11:51 PM UTC
Love the wiring in the cockpit.

Who makes the toolkit you have in the Kettenkraftrad?
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 01:02 AM UTC
Al and Patrick,
Thanks Gents for the kind words as usual.
J
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 01:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Geeze! You were building this while I was still crapping in diapers with the vocabulary of a potato. (So, less than a year old). Well done! You really are multitalented- I can't imagine being great at figures and armor as well as planes, let alone scratch built ones. Good show!

-Conor

Very nice of you to say bubba !
J
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 01:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Love the wiring in the cockpit.

Who makes the toolkit you have in the Kettenkraftrad?

Thanks for looking in and commenting. It was so long long ago that I honestly don't remember what tools I used. They were stainless though,and very hard to remove from the carrier.
They have a lot of dust on them in these pics.
J
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 02:31 AM UTC
Really nice work, Jerry, as always.
27-1025
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,281 posts
Armorama: 1,222 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 02:42 AM UTC
Great work always stands the test of time. Really nice build.
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
Armorama: 2,052 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 04:48 AM UTC
Darn Jerry, I just got through telling Doug Cohen everything he touches turns to gold-- what can I say to you? Oh I know-- you can make a diamond out of coal in the palm of your hand! absolutely incredible work-- I though I was looking at the Flyhawk 1/32 kit and aftermarket figures until you explained the scratch-building. You two guys should hold an exhibition and charge money--- I'd pay. Just fantastic work. now for the hard part-- your cancer doc? say it's not so!
VR, Russ
Mendes
Visit this Community
Parana, Brazil
KitMaker: 182 posts
Armorama: 181 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 04:57 AM UTC
TOP JOB Jerry.

HansBouwmeester
Visit this Community
Namibia
KitMaker: 346 posts
Armorama: 343 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 10:55 AM UTC
Pure masterwork as usual but the "cancer doc" part scares the hell put of me....
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 07:19 PM UTC
Bill,Chris and Cesar,
Thanks guys for the excellent comments,
J
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 07:24 PM UTC
Russ and Hans,
Thanks a bunch for the very nice words and I appreciate them a lot.
The cancer thing was scary but I did manage to dodge that bullet. This was a while ago now and I am still free of that curse. I had some more recent scares involving skin cancer and had several things removed but only one was a risky thing. So far so good.
I do not deserve the grace of God but apparently He has decided to cut me some slack so I can hang around a bit longer to be a pain in the butt to some people. LoL
Thanks again guys,your concern means a lot,believe me.
J
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
Armorama: 2,052 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 09:43 PM UTC
That's good news Jerry, I had my own cancer scare while I was on active duty back in 2005, but when they removed the tumor in my shoulder it turned out to be pre-cancer and not malignant. It did cut short my 30 year military career though, and left me with a foot long scar and permanent weakness in the left arm and shoulder as a reminder to watch it. I actually took up modeling again as physical therapy (that's what I tell my wife anyway!). But it's good to hear you are out of the woods-- take good care of yourself. I'd like to see that exhibition of your work some day!
VR, Russ
JGphins
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 249 posts
Armorama: 249 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 11:27 PM UTC
Hi there Jerry, another great looking dio from the past. Great to hear you are doing good & I think it's an awesome gift & very kind of you to part ways from such a dedicated and time consuming project. I have been away for a while myself dealing with my dads poor health issues. He has cancer in the bladder and it's terrible to see him suffer... I am strong and positive for him and help him 24/7 with all his daily stuff because it's the right thing to do... I've had zero time for pleasures of any kind including hobbies but that's okay. Better days will come around and my dio will be there waiting for me. Till then, looking at the many wonderful projects here will keep me pleased and satisfied. Thanks for sharing yet another piece of art with us all.

JGphins
trickymissfit
KitMaker: 1,388 posts
Armorama: 1,357 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 11:43 PM UTC
absolutely the best looking AR234 I've ever seen by a wide margin. If the AR had been shot in a grainy black & white, most would have called it out as real.
gary
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 01:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

absolutely the best looking AR234 I've ever seen by a wide margin. If the AR had been shot in a grainy black & white, most would have called it out as real.
gary

Nice of you to say buddy. Maybe one of the photog nobbins here can make that B&W thing happen. I would love to see it.
J
joepanzer
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 803 posts
Armorama: 740 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 02:22 AM UTC
Hope you're feeling better Jerry
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 03:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hope you're feeling better Jerry

Thanks Joe,
It was a long time ago now and I am OK. I just had a thorough check for the same thing and all is good.
J
obg153
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,063 posts
Armorama: 1,049 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 05:38 AM UTC
As always, your creativity & attention to detail are on full display here! And it's good to hear that your health is holding up well. Model on!!
Dioramartin
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 1,476 posts
Armorama: 1,463 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 07:55 AM UTC
I think we’d all second what Jack & others have said Jerry, wishing you – and everyone else - Long Life, we’re all so lucky to be here at all. And I’m still getting my head around your introductory remark that the Arado was predominantly scratchbuilt ?? Good grief Charlie Brown…I hope the good doctor appreciates what was involved

Cheers, Tim
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 06:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

That's good news Jerry, I had my own cancer scare while I was on active duty back in 2005, but when they removed the tumor in my shoulder it turned out to be pre-cancer and not malignant. It did cut short my 30 year military career though, and left me with a foot long scar and permanent weakness in the left arm and shoulder as a reminder to watch it. I actually took up modeling again as physical therapy (that's what I tell my wife anyway!). But it's good to hear you are out of the woods-- take good care of yourself. I'd like to see that exhibition of your work some day!
VR, Russ

Well Russ,
I feel your pain as I also had to leave the Army after an accident. It was my home and I didn't leave lightly,that's for sure. It took me years to decompress from the 14 hour work days though,interspersed with field exercises and combat deployments.
Nice to see you are flourishing and I will have to remember the whole"I do it as therapy" thing next time I speak to the OWMBO.

J
 _GOTOTOP