_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Painting US Operational Camouflage Pattern?
Phil5000
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 165 posts
Armorama: 135 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 12:31 PM UTC
Hi guys. I was wondering if anyone had come across some pics (of models not rl) or a tutorial for painting this cammo pattern. I'd like to have a stab at it on some 1/35 scale figures but there is a lot going on if you look at it closely.

Has anyone tried it? Did you try to replicate it precisely with every colour in the pattern or did you simplify it?

Cheers guys.
Erik67
Visit this Community
Buskerud, Norway
KitMaker: 1,871 posts
Armorama: 1,423 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 01:07 PM UTC
Is it this pattern you are asking for?
Painting Multicam
WXerock
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 672 posts
Armorama: 668 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 05:31 PM UTC
Hello Phil, no I haven't seen anyone do a tutorial on painting Army OCP. It is close enough to Multicam that at 1/35 you will be hard pressed to tell the difference. Here is the very short history of OCP. OCP was an earlier version of what eventually became Multicam. The Army issued uniforms in Multicam as an expedient measure when it became apparent that UCP was far from "universal". They used a pattern called Scorpion for OCP. The Army wanted Crye to sell them the rights to Multicam but found the price was too high. They already owned Scorpion so they decided to use that when making a formal choice to replace UCP. There are also many small changes to the actual uniform as well. Look at your references very closely when modeling soldiers wearing OCP. There is a great tutorial that was recently posted on painting Multicam. It is perfectly adequate for painting OCP too.

Regards,

Eric
 _GOTOTOP