_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Sdkfz 251/1-!st build in 17 years
M3Panzers
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 5 posts
Armorama: 4 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 05:45 AM UTC
good old Tamiya 251; painted in Model Master enamel;first airbrush attempt. I will be switching to acrylics from here on!

M3Panzers
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 05:46 AM UTC
weathering to come next!
Thirian24
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 2,493 posts
Armorama: 2,344 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 06:42 AM UTC
Welcome back! That half track is looking good. Looking forward to seeing the weathering.
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 03:04 PM UTC
Looks good I remember when Tamiya was the big kid on the block.

Nice model have a few built.

Enjoy the plastic.

Jeff
Armorsmith
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,063 posts
Armorama: 1,000 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 06:13 PM UTC
A vintage kit that I built as a teenager many many moons go. Really nice paint job for a first time with an AB.

I use Tamiya acrylics almost exclusively. They AB very nicely especially if you thin them with the Tamiya lacquer thinner(yellow cap).
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Friday, April 14, 2017 - 11:57 AM UTC
That looks like a solid build; with a nice base to begin the weathering. Enamels have their place. I prefer Tamiya acryls, using Gunze Sangyo leveling thinner. I also like Vallejo, though I have issues with adhesion. I tend to use lacquers for primer, as they provide a better bite(lamenting the end of Floquil). I also use Testors Dullcote to seal, between paint stages. I highly recommend Tamiya clear gloss. It provides a smoother finish than products, such as Future and the Micro Sol line. One technique I use is dry brushing. I know, "taboo". But, I like the effect. To each his own, I suppose.
M3Panzers
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 06:35 AM UTC
I actually used Model Master spray enamel first, then got my ab compressor and used it for my highlighting, screwed that up and reshot with air and the "dust" effect then glosscoted it befor decals. the vile decals wanted to shred to took advantage of them and will be doing some battle scars( cant see in pics but added "dents" and gouges with me Dremel!) had to park it for several weeks cause of work and home situations but now ready for weathering!
 _GOTOTOP