_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Miniature Figure Collectors of America 2017
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Monday, May 01, 2017 - 11:57 PM UTC
convention in Philadelphia this past weekend.

A nicely painted duo using Alpine figgies.

Anyone interested in this kind of thread ? Wanna see more from this show ??
J
seanmcandrews
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 561 posts
Armorama: 553 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 12:13 AM UTC
Hi Jerry,
yes, I'd love to see more photos. I was unable to make it for the first time in quite a few years.

Sean
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
Armorama: 2,052 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 12:35 AM UTC
Jerry,
Yes indeedy-- please post those show pictures. It would be great if Kitmaker members would post more show photos-- there are some shows that get lots of attention like Telford, Monson, etc. but there are smaller shows too, and they seldom get a wide viewing. I for one would like to see more. I know it's dependent on Kitmaker members taking the photos and posting them too, I realize that. Unfortunately, I don't get out that much anymore, so when the rest of you guys go to a show, it would be great to see those photos!
VR, Russ
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,023 posts
Armorama: 1,234 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 12:35 AM UTC
Heck yeah Jerry !
americanpanzer
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 542 posts
Armorama: 539 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 01:49 AM UTC
oh yeah; definitely; looking to improve my skills and can always use inspiration
obg153
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,063 posts
Armorama: 1,049 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 05:05 AM UTC
Another big yes here!! After all, figures bring the life into all the AFV's that we build. Plus it's nice to see the painting & uniform details being displayed.
ahandykindaguy
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,295 posts
Armorama: 1,191 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 06:37 AM UTC
Absofreakinlutley Jerry!!!

Yes please, we'd like some more!

MOAR!MOAR!MOAR!

jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 04:00 AM UTC
In accordance with the wishes of the peanut gallery here we go. I will upload a few of them at a time.
I didn't get any of the folks names though,sorry.

ahandykindaguy
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,295 posts
Armorama: 1,191 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 08:39 AM UTC
👍🏻🏅👏🏼
Bravo36
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 247 posts
Armorama: 229 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 09:25 AM UTC
Great stuff! Beautiful figures and nicely done photos. Thanks
obg153
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,063 posts
Armorama: 1,049 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 06:10 PM UTC
Some amazing paint & detail on display here!! So far, my favorite is the GI taking a break. Thanks for sharing, Jerry!
vettejack
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,277 posts
Armorama: 1,254 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 06:16 PM UTC
I was stationed in Dover, Delaware for 15 years and attended this show religiously (mid 70's to late 80's). I think its the oldest figure club and/or model club in the country as I recall. They had armor (things that go bump in the night) as well as figures when I use to attend. The great builders I admired the most from that period of time, as well as being good friends, was Vince Bounifiglio (R.I.P.), and Dennis Levy. The work these two could produce...

Thanx for reminding me what I have missed all these years of the MFCA!
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,531 posts
Armorama: 859 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 07:57 PM UTC
Great stuff, thanks for sharing. If I'm not mistaken, the old-time ballplayer is one of Bill Horan's pieces. Al

jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 02:06 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I was stationed in Dover, Delaware for 15 years and attended this show religiously (mid 70's to late 80's). I think its the oldest figure club and/or model club in the country as I recall. They had armor (things that go bump in the night) as well as figures when I use to attend. The great builders I admired the most from that period of time, as well as being good friends, was Vince Bounifiglio (R.I.P.), and Dennis Levy. The work these two could produce...

Dennis was there on Sat. and I got to speak with him a bit. He runs the show and is always busy. I used to attend the club meetings on Roosevelt Blvd. I knew Vince as well. Super guy and very talented. Got a lot of pointers from him.
J
vettejack
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,277 posts
Armorama: 1,254 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 06:22 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Dennis was there on Sat. and I got to speak with him a bit. He runs the show and is always busy. I used to attend the club meetings on Roosevelt Blvd. I knew Vince as well. Super guy and very talented. Got a lot of pointers from him.
J

Yea, the IPMS meetings in the basement of the church. I was VP of that club for a bit back in day. Miss those times! When you see Dennis again, tell him I said hi, he'll know who I am (and see if he remembers the time that 4 of us (Dennis, myself, Vince and Jack Kennedy) spent in a house/cabin in the Poconos to attend a modeling contest nearby)...
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 06:32 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

J

Yea, the IPMS meetings in the basement of the church. I was VP of that club for a bit back in day. Miss those times! When you see Dennis again, tell him I said hi, he'll know who I am (and see if he remembers the time that 4 of us (Dennis, myself, Vince and Jack Kennedy) spent in a house/cabin in the Poconos to attend a modeling contest nearby)...

The club I went to met in the Union Hall rooms above an office building. I only see Dennis once a year,at the Show. I will do my best.
J
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 06:45 PM UTC
Another installment

I always am so impressed by the "flats" but it is hard to get a nice pic of them . You have to see them in person for the best effect.
One more bunch to post and I am finished.
Something that needs to be pointed out here. This show has for years done a smart thing. They bought a bunch of inexpensive PVC pipe and cut it into lengths to stick onto the table legs at the show. This raises the table top to a nice back-saving level and makes it SOOOO much easier to view the models.
J

BUTA46
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
KitMaker: 117 posts
Armorama: 113 posts
Posted: Friday, May 05, 2017 - 02:12 PM UTC
Thanks for the photos Jerry, these are awesome!
The AMPS guys had boxes of PVC for table legs as well for Danbury, but they only worked on about half of the tables so they couldn't use them...
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, May 05, 2017 - 06:29 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks for the photos Jerry, these are awesome!
The AMPS guys had boxes of PVC for table legs as well for Danbury, but they only worked on about half of the tables so they couldn't use them...

Which of course,then begs the question,why didn't they use them on the tables that they could be used on ?
J
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, May 05, 2017 - 09:56 PM UTC
Photobucket is acting up again but I think I got it to work long enough for the last views of the show I have. Enjoy !
J

jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, May 05, 2017 - 10:03 PM UTC
Last two,and two of the best I may add.

_GOTOTOP