_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
PROPOSAL: Operation Camera
panzerIV
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 781 posts
Armorama: 676 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 10:17 PM UTC
I've decided to raise an idea for a campaign that has been rumbling around inside my head for a while.

I’m Proposing ‘’ Operation Camera ‘’ photographers/Film recorders were amongst the soldiers who fought and brought us the insights to what soldiers saw in their battles, during intense fire fights in the midst of battles or just general manoeuvres to the next checkpoint these caught the actions the heroics and the expressions of the those who fought in the wars. While studying these pics we can find great details of the battle(s) the unit(s) etc. bringing a new light on the battle or unit you may never have read before. The model/diorama etc doesn’t have to be a replica of the photo or film recording but the inspiration of your build and maybe include a bit of history regarding the unit and battle? To share with others who may have never read about that particular battle....

for about 12 months maybe?

what do you think?
ltb073
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,662 posts
Armorama: 3,078 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 03:44 AM UTC
Anthony
I for one often time get my inspiration for a build from a photo as my artistic skills are somewhat lacking.

Back in June of 2010 Barkingdigger ran a similar campaign called Modeling a Photo
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Campaigns&file=index&req=showcontent&id=414

I enjoyed it so much that I ran Modeling a Photo 2 in September 2012
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Campaigns&file=index&req=showcontent&id=600

I am currently using a photo for the Battle Damage Campaign that had me thinking of maybe running Modeling a Photo 3 but my time for being a campaign leader is limited now. However I would gladly join in this type of a campaign.
Knuckles
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 525 posts
Armorama: 266 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 03:49 AM UTC
Hi there. I like it! I am currently using this image:

As my inspiration to build this:

Is this what you have in mind for your campaign? if so, count me in and I'll find something fun--maybe CDR Stoddard's A-1 Toilet Bomber...
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 03:59 AM UTC
Curious -- what are we to build for this campaign
panzerIV
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 04:41 AM UTC
Sal my idea is just like both them campaigns. Iv not seen them before tbh. But i wanted to add bit of a difference by adding if we shared abit of info regarding the pic i.e the area/battle units etc sharing the history between us all while trying to model the photo.

Kristian just like that indeed for my campaign but hopfuly with a difference of some history being shared between us all.

This is my first ever campaign proposal so heres hoping ive worded it in a way to draw people in
ClaytonFromEllijay
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 1,273 posts
Armorama: 1,138 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 04:53 AM UTC
I'm interested, but it seems that to tweak it up a notch and make the theme "camera" really stick, that the goal should be to try to replicate a photo as close to 100% as possible...as opposed to just using one as inspiration...
panzerIV
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 05:32 AM UTC
clayton thanks for your reply i have been rethinking it alittle bit during work and looking at making it more like the 100% photo like youve said. obviously this proposal hasnt grabbed enough attention so il need to re write tomorow thanks for your input.
ClaytonFromEllijay
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 1,273 posts
Armorama: 1,138 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 06:57 PM UTC
It may take a little time to get 10 onboard, but you can count me for sure.
panzerIV
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, May 22, 2017 - 12:27 AM UTC
im going to reword tomorow evening and start a new proposal! hopefully a few more to join
 _GOTOTOP