_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
News
Master Box: July – August Releases
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 06:22 AM UTC

Master Box has shared further information and photos on its planned figure kit releases, a couple of which we have featured recently.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
mmeier
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,280 posts
Armorama: 1,015 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 05:08 PM UTC
Between MasterBox and MAIM we finally get more and more 1:24/1:25 scale figures to populate the many cars from Revell, Italerie etc. All for decend prices and with a solid quality (I have the previous six females build and they are nice)

Hope they add stuff like truck drivers and femal drivers. I l would like to build a Bulldog Mack with a can on back" and maybe a "Jaguar haulin ass"

Some 1970s era plaincloth cops and a pimp to go with the new Revell Grand Torino would be nice too
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 07:40 PM UTC
I really like that Native American kit, although it might have been better in 54mm...just that slight bit larger for better detail. The 1/24 seated figures could be a PITA...I got the seated woman stepping out of a car. First; there are not many car kits with opening doors, second; find a car kit with opening doors where she will actually fit. Some repositioning of arms and legs will be required, as well as cutting down her bottom to fit into a seat. If it's a sports car with hardtop, her head will hit the cieling. She will fit comfortably only in a convertible with opening doors.
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 08:22 PM UTC
* Reedoak, Scale Production, Northstar Models, and Scale Equipment Limited also produce 1/24 resin figures.

* One can see more photos of the new Masterbox July/August figures here:

http://www.themodellingnews.com/2017/06/masterbox-is-getting-romantic-but-still.html

* I really like the idea of 1/24 modern civilians. I just find the Masterbox ones don't quite match the boxart though. They appear older and thicker on the back of the box than what the front boxart shows, more of "middle age" size and complexion than young and slender (although they are sculpted very well). There are now Youtube review videos of many of the 1/24 Masterbox figures if you care to see the actual plastic and determine for yourself.
mmeier
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 08:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I really like that Native American kit, although it might have been better in 54mm...just that slight bit larger for better detail. The 1/24 seated figures could be a PITA...I got the seated woman stepping out of a car. First; there are not many car kits with opening doors, second; find a car kit with opening doors where she will actually fit. Some repositioning of arms and legs will be required, as well as cutting down her bottom to fit into a seat. If it's a sports car with hardtop, her head will hit the cieling. She will fit comfortably only in a convertible with opening doors.

I am currently trying her in a Revell Mercedes AMG GT. Hope to have more data and some pictures after the weekend. So far both kits went together well and she seems to be sitting nicely. So work permitting...

If you hear about an IT engineer running amok in a company near Düsseldorf/germany before that - do not expect any pictures
mmeier
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 08:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

* Reedoak, Scale Resin, Northstar Models, and Scale Productions Limited also produce 1/24 resin figures.

http://www.themodellingnews.com/2017/06/masterbox-is-getting-romantic-but-still.html

* I really like the idea of 1/24 modern civilians. I just find the Masterbox ones don't quite match the boxart though. They appear older and thicker on the back of the box than what the front boxart shows, more of "middle age" size and complexion than young and slender (although they are sculpted very well). There are now Youtube review videos of many of the 1/24 Masterbox figures if you care to see the actual plastic and determine for yourself.

Thanks for ScaleProduction as a name. Through that I ended up at the ScaleProduction home page. Looks nice so far, german outlet and they have two "Bay city cops" in 1:24
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 09:12 PM UTC
[quote]
Quoted Text

* Reedoak, Scale Resin, Northstar Models, and Scale Productions Limited also produce 1/24 resin figures.

Corrected my post...it's actually "Scale Productions" and "Scale EQUIPMENT Limited." There is no "Scale Resin" company. Sorry about that.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 09:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I am currently trying her in a Revell Mercedes AMG GT. Hope to have more data and some pictures after the weekend. So far both kits went together well and she seems to be sitting nicely. So work permitting...

Coincidence...I'm fitting her into Revell's Mercedes Benz i8. She will sort of fit but only with her bum on the rocker panel. The (car) body is too wide to allow her bum in the seat and legs over the side at the same time. And there is no headroom inside. Insane point about the car model: Revell gives a well-detailed engine, but they go and mold the hood (bonnet) shut!
Upon Googling your choice of car model, I may buy that one next myself. I see that it's also a hardtop. Post how the figure sits regarding headroom in the interior.

Duhhh...that should read BMW i8! Can't even use "typo" as an excuse!
mmeier
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 09:10 PM UTC
Mercedes, Volkswagen, Opel, BMW - no big difference. Basically they all build "transport devices" not cars. HighTech and reliabel mobility devices but without style or a soul.

For that you have to look to Italie or maybe France and sometimes the USA (okay, Ford Germany occasionally has one too).

So mixing the car is no big deal.
 _GOTOTOP