_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
1:48 BA-64B Russian Armored Car
Lakota
Visit this Community
New Mexico, United States
KitMaker: 1,202 posts
Armorama: 635 posts
Posted: Monday, July 03, 2017 - 05:33 AM UTC
Howdy Y'all
I finished a Tamiya 1/48 BA-64B SOOB. The paint was mostly Vallejo BO-4, a dark (normal?) shade and a lighter highlight shade. I toned the highlight down by mixing the two about 1:1. I used some decals from the spares box and tried a little modulation. I muted the modulation by using a filter I made with green oil paint.
I entered this model into a Regional IPMS contest last month. The model failed to place. I can't figure what went wrong though I have a couple of ideas:
1. The lighting in the display room made the armored car look like Kermit the Frog. My understanding is this isn't supposed to be taken into consideration when judging.
2. I failed to paint the edges of the fenders white per the instructions. The other BA-64Bs did not have white on the fenders either.
Comments, tips and constructive criticism are most welcome as always.

Take care,
Don "Lakota"

Invincible
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 148 posts
Armorama: 122 posts
Posted: Monday, July 03, 2017 - 09:09 PM UTC
I think it looks amazing! And about why it didn't place, it is because the model doesn't match to the standards of the self appointed modelling experts-i mean judges.
Or maybe they went all upper class and the thought of someone entering a tamiya kit built OOB shocked them.
Tobias5555
Visit this Community
Hessen, Germany
KitMaker: 446 posts
Armorama: 445 posts
Posted: Monday, July 03, 2017 - 10:04 PM UTC
Nice little one
 _GOTOTOP