_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
s-model (poland) any good?
greatbrit
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,127 posts
Armorama: 1,217 posts
Posted: Monday, March 01, 2004 - 06:39 AM UTC
ive been looking through this site
http://jadarhobby.waw.pl/e_portal/c_default.php

s-model of poland produce an interesting line of kits, including some allied artillery and spg guns from ww2.

has anyone ever built one of their kits?

i dont know if they are expensive or not but if they are worth it ill get some before they join the eu as prices will surely rise!

cheers

joe
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Monday, March 01, 2004 - 07:34 AM UTC
A friend gave me the S-Model full resin kit of the Borgward B IV Ausf. C German explosive materials transporter. It looks really nice, but I have no use for it. I only took it since he insisted and I thought I could turn it into some sort of sci-fi vehicle.
greatbrit
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,127 posts
Armorama: 1,217 posts
Posted: Monday, March 01, 2004 - 07:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

It looks really nice, .

thanks for the info sabot, is it well cast etc?

they do have some really nice subjetcs in thier range but i can only find really poor quality pictures

cheers

joe
Sabot
Posted: Monday, March 01, 2004 - 08:08 AM UTC
I will check tonight (if I can remember). I don't think it was bad at all, just not my cup of tea.
Ranger74
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,290 posts
Armorama: 658 posts
Posted: Monday, March 01, 2004 - 08:19 AM UTC
I have the S-model vacuform/resin kit of a Fiat ambulance. The body is vacuform and is the first vac vehicle I have tried to build. The parts cut out well and fit appears good. Except for the wheels, which could be better, it appears to be a good kit.

Jeff
Sabot
Posted: Monday, March 01, 2004 - 02:21 PM UTC
The S-Model kit I have does look OK. I think the road wheels could be done a little better. The detailing is fine. This kit has a retail price of $38.95 on it. I am really surprised by this. I didn't realize he had paid this much for it. I know I wouldn't have spent that much money on it. It is kit #E 027, I don't know if this is more than it would be if bought in Europe.
ericadeane
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 4,021 posts
Armorama: 3,947 posts
Posted: Monday, March 01, 2004 - 03:46 PM UTC
I've been pretty satisfied w/most of their products. Here are the ones I've bought:

Sexton Mk II
Staghound Mk I
Staghound Mk III
Bofors 40mm plus tractor
US 75mm Pack Howitzer
10.5cm Gerbirgshaubitze
Ram Mk II

I've been very satisfied with all of them except the Ram which seemed off. I ended up eBaying the Ram. Like I said I like the looks of all of them. The casting is generally good and I've begun serious work on the Sexton.
 _GOTOTOP