_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
uploading photos?
Blackopss123
Visit this Community
Alvsborgs, Sweden
KitMaker: 1 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 02:06 AM UTC
uploading photos? where can i upload photos?

Is it KitMaker Gallery why is the upload so small?

And is it safe to upload any one steeling?
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 3,389 posts
Armorama: 2,054 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 05:31 AM UTC
I use Flickr. Post my text and then go to the album, click the upload button and an html box pops up. I copy the highlighted text and paste in my text box. That puts the image on my post.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 02:37 PM UTC
Joel: There is a dedicated gallery on the network, but by our own admission it is in serious need of an overhaul to bring it into the present and that is at the top of the owners to do list. We are hoping to do away with the gallery as it stands while retaining the images stored there and introducing the ability to upload images straight to a post, but I must stress that this is still up in the air at present.
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 10:19 PM UTC
The only issue I have with the galleries is the Campaign galleries. To make the images permanently available they need to be stored in a safe place. Photobucket does not qualify. I am currently using imgur but who knows when they decide to play silly buggers.
To get something into the campaign gallery (starting image and at least one of the finished model) I have to upload the image into my personal (and limited gallery). After a few campaigns the personal gallery will be full.
Delete images to free some space in my personal gallery? Wouldn't that also delete the images from the campaign gallery?

Oh yes, by the way, I have not yet managed to upload anything into any campaign gallery.

/ Robin
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 02:36 AM UTC
If it is for a campaign then please send me the image or images and of course the relevant information and I will get it done for you all.
Taylortony
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 126 posts
Armorama: 102 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 04:38 PM UTC
I must admit I take a lot of photos and upload them, but have been unable to share some here as there simply isnt an open forum to post reference pictures.... as an example

Victory Show 2017 battle by Tony Taylor, on Flickr

Victory Show 2017 battle by Tony Taylor, on Flickr

Victory Show 2017 Battle by Tony Taylor, on Flickr

Victory Show 2017 Battle by Tony Taylor, on Flickr

Taylortony
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 04:40 PM UTC
RAF tractor walkaround

https://www.flickr.com/photos/142550108@N08/albums/72157688918381195
KruppCake
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 401 posts
Armorama: 387 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 07:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The only issue I have with the galleries is the Campaign galleries. To make the images permanently available they need to be stored in a safe place. Photobucket does not qualify. I am currently using imgur but who knows when they decide to play silly buggers.
To get something into the campaign gallery (starting image and at least one of the finished model) I have to upload the image into my personal (and limited gallery). After a few campaigns the personal gallery will be full.
Delete images to free some space in my personal gallery? Wouldn't that also delete the images from the campaign gallery?

Oh yes, by the way, I have not yet managed to upload anything into any campaign gallery.

/ Robin

I used photobucket up until the photo hijack. Now I use OneDrive.
drabslab
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,186 posts
Armorama: 190 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 08:28 PM UTC
Hai everybody.

I think that for now you may close this discussion as Staff_Jim is currently constructing a whole new approach towards the forums and picture uploads (and maybe other things as well) and this is expected to solve this whole issue by end January this year.

Why on earth there is no official easy to find statement on the kitmaker network explaining that and avoid that user frustration leads to people leaving remains a mystery (at least to me) but maybe we get an answer to that one as well one day.

Taylortony
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 10:49 PM UTC
I noticed another quirk of the site, the other responder in here has the England flag showing, I have the union jack showing and you have the Euro flag...... Is this a post Brexit thing
firstcircle
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,249 posts
Armorama: 2,007 posts
Posted: Friday, January 05, 2018 - 04:04 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I noticed another quirk of the site, the other responder in here has the England flag showing, I have the union jack showing and you have the Euro flag...... Is this a post Brexit thing

Tony, the flag you pick does effect the forum that is displayed to you in the Forums page under My Community. If you set EU you'll get stuff about model shows in Bratislava (e.g.). I set mine to England to change that, so I might see about something closer to home .

If you take loads of photos like those above, the easiest way to display then on the site would be to zip them up and email them to the site as a feature. If you click the Features tab, then on the right click People and Places, you'll see examples of features made up of photos taken at museums, shows, rallies etc. That the editors well put them up for you - couldn't be easier. If you can be bothered to write some text to go with it that might be even better, but not necessary.

This page tells you how to submit content to editors:
http://armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=submissions

Cheers, Matthew
 _GOTOTOP