_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
IBG: TKS with Hotchkiss MG
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 01, 2018 - 05:23 PM UTC

IBG Models has another TKS scheduled for release this month, this time a variant mounting a Hotchkiss machine gun.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 12:48 PM UTC
I'd be interested to see what the quality of the kit is like as I've had a recent bad (-REALLY BAD) experience from an Eastern Bloc model company where I had to -literally- replace most of the kit parts with stuff my spares or completely form my own. I ended up throwing away or modifying a goodly half of the kit parts before I figured that that was as good as it was going to be. Ugh!
Panzer3
KitMaker: 16 posts
Armorama: 14 posts
Posted: Monday, August 06, 2018 - 04:15 AM UTC
The big problem with the from the east bloc kits is the very soft plastic and on the oily side too

Bodeen
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,359 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 07, 2018 - 06:39 AM UTC
I have the IBG Marmon Harrington armored car and it appears to be a fantastic kit. IBG has a good reputation for producing well made kits.. I can't see this as being a high risk kit. Eastern European manufacturers such as Alan, Mirage, RPM and Eastern Express do not have a good reputation and rightfully so...…... soft plastic, clunky details, ejector pin marks and substandard molding are prevalent. This little tankette looks interesting to me...I might just get it.
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 07, 2018 - 07:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I have the IBG Marmon Harrington armored car and it appears to be a fantastic kit. IBG has a good reputation for producing well made kits.. I can't see this as being a high risk kit. Eastern European manufacturers such as Alan, Mirage, RPM and Eastern Express do not have a good reputation and rightfully so...…... soft plastic, clunky details, ejector pin marks and substandard molding are prevalent. This little tankette looks interesting to me...I might just get it.

and I have all the TKS-variants made by by Mirage hiding somewhere in the stash. Single link tracks .... for a very small vehicle .... with narrow and short pitched tracks ....
AAARRGHH

/ Robin
 _GOTOTOP