_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
1/35 FV 603 Saracen is comming ...
19sam68
Visit this Community
Utrecht, Netherlands
KitMaker: 124 posts
Armorama: 124 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2018 - 11:40 PM UTC
Dragon.

Is it good or bad news I'll let everybody decide for themself

(Look at the right)

Grz,

Sam.

photo from : http://www.moxingfans.com/index.html

RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2018 - 12:12 AM UTC
So Neo is the latest and greatest trademark from Dragon?
Since it is a Pz III I assume that it is NOT the new label/name/alias for the Black Death crew ....

Maybe we are witnessing The Return of Magic Track
It looks as if the tracks are separate links.

Who in their right mind takes a photo of a Pz III when there is something a lot more interesting just to the right of it?
What is the world coming to ....

/ Robin
terminators
Visit this Community
France
KitMaker: 1,932 posts
Armorama: 1,907 posts
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2018 - 03:40 AM UTC
Neo, strange name for a model company. However it would be a good name for SF kits ,

RobinNilsson
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2018 - 04:01 AM UTC
Black Label didn't give me the right vibes either, my mind kept getting unfocused and straying from the proper handling of small parts .....

I hope Neo means a new beginning
/ Robin
terminators
Visit this Community
France
KitMaker: 1,932 posts
Armorama: 1,907 posts
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2018 - 04:10 AM UTC

Hohenstaufen
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,192 posts
Armorama: 1,615 posts
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2018 - 04:10 AM UTC
Can't get the link to work, although the picture came up eventually, but from what I can see to the right of the picture looks like a Saracen sure enough. Don't get your hopes up about Neo track though, looking carefully at the Pz III box it looks like link and length to me.
RobinNilsson
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2018 - 04:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Can't get the link to work, although the picture came up eventually, but from what I can see to the right of the picture looks like a Saracen sure enough. Don't get your hopes up about Neo track though, looking carefully at the Pz III box it looks like link and length to me.

Yeah, you could be right. The truth will be revealed when we see the sprues. I still prefer link & length over treacherous DS so it is a definite improvement, at least in my opinion.

Very curious about that Saracen though.
/ Robin
BootsDMS
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 978 posts
Armorama: 965 posts
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2018 - 04:55 AM UTC
Aaargh! What price (almost literally) my Firing Line version now...?

With a rather dim view to the future: is there any way Robin you can filter out the inevitable doom-mongers who will deride this kit before anyone has even seen it?

The Dragon (assuming "Neo" is a derivative)Saladin was a perfectly respectable kit with a bit of TLC - although I will concede a tad expensive.

We've waited ages for an injected Saracen - let's just be thankful. Wrestling/modifying plastic is a much easier task than attempting the same with resin.

Mind you, this at least will spur me on to tackling the Firing Line version - it is in my stash after all so I might as well get to grips with it.

All praise to the Modelling Gods!

Brian
TankManNick
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 551 posts
Armorama: 543 posts
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2018 - 07:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Who in their right mind takes a photo of a Pz III when there is something a lot more interesting just to the right of it?

Gave me a laugh!

Now we get to wait and see if true and is it based on the lower hull of the Saladin, hmm?
m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,808 posts
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2018 - 07:21 AM UTC
I'm one of those people, even though the Saracen does interest me. Dragon PZ III's are nice kits.

However, looking at the two PZ III, is that an interior shown in the pictures? It looks like it. Can someone translate? We need to find out what NEO means.

Not every ones obsession?
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,353 posts
Armorama: 3,121 posts
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2018 - 08:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

/ Robin

Obviously someone whose revolving image banner includes 3 chickens with human like faces.... What the....
RobinNilsson
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2018 - 08:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

/ Robin

Obviously someone whose revolving image banner includes 3 chickens with human like faces.... What the....

and why do the revolving chickens have Bart Simpsons lips?
/ Robin
RobinNilsson
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2018 - 08:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm one of those people, even though the Saracen does interest me. Dragon PZ III's are nice kits.

However, looking at the two PZ III, is that an interior shown in the pictures? It looks like it. Can someone translate? We need to find out what NEO means.

I fully agree that Dragons Panzers, or actually their German WW II range, are nice kits. Dropping the DS makes them even better.
I wish Dragon would sell the Magic Tracks for Pz III/IV separately.

It certainly looks like an interior. Could that be the NEO part of it?
The edge of the box for the Pz III N has an image on the side
and it looks as if the text reads 'FULL INTERIOR'

It will be interesting to see further reports from this exhibition ...

RobinNilsson
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2018 - 08:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Aaargh! What price (almost literally) my Firing Line version now...?

With a rather dim view to the future: is there any way Robin you can filter out the inevitable doom-mongers who will deride this kit before anyone has even seen it?

The Dragon (assuming "Neo" is a derivative)Saladin was a perfectly respectable kit with a bit of TLC - although I will concede a tad expensive.

We've waited ages for an injected Saracen - let's just be thankful. Wrestling/modifying plastic is a much easier task than attempting the same with resin.

Mind you, this at least will spur me on to tackling the Firing Line version - it is in my stash after all so I might as well get to grips with it.

All praise to the Modelling Gods!

Brian

I have the Saracen by Dartmoor Military Models and the one by Firing Line but I never got around to buying one from Accurate Armour
Build them and be happy. Then build this one as well

Filtering: I don't think I can filter out individual posts from a thread. I wouldn't do it even if I could, unless the thread deteriorates to outright hostile and abusive.
I get my warm and cosy happy feelings from terminating spammers but that is more of a shotgun activity

We could also hope that other variants of the chassis comes in styrene as well.
/ Robin
BootsDMS
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2018 - 09:16 AM UTC
Robin,

Thanks anyway; 'just venting my spleen - which will be a poor relation to what I just know will come in the near future once more information is received about this vehicle.

However, I will indeed build my Firing Line version (I believe Dartmoor and Firing Line are one and the same beast) and also try to be happy doing so!

Talking of variants - does anyone remember a Saracen with an attachment known as a Robert Radar? Massive piece of kit on the roof; 'can't seem to find a decent picture just at the moment, but it blew me away as a kid at Army shows back in the 60s.

Anyway, all power to a plastic Saracen which I'm sure will be at least workable and enable us to do quite a bit as modellers (not just assemblers perhaps?)

Thanks again Robin.

Brian
Das_Abteilung
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 365 posts
Armorama: 351 posts
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2018 - 09:50 AM UTC
You mean this one? Radar No9 Mk1. But it's on the tall-hull FV610 command vehicle variant, not the standard-hull FV603/604. I don't know how many there were. 8 Surveillance Troop RA had 3 which they deployed to Gibraltar.

m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2018 - 10:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I fully agree that Dragons Panzers, or actually their German WW II range, are nice kits. Dropping the DS makes them even better.
I wish Dragon would sell the Magic Tracks for Pz III/IV separately.

It certainly looks like an interior. Could that be the NEO part of it?
The edge of the box for the Pz III N has an image on the side
and it looks as if the text reads 'FULL INTERIOR'

It will be interesting to see further reports from this exhibition ...

Thanks, the screen on my work computer is small and I can't follow links because of the doomsday "bad site" warnings. I'm surprised I get on here. With any luck someone will post more pictures of this show.

If these are plastic interior kits, not resin add ons, they might finally be making something I'm really interested in.
StarForce
Visit this Community
Bucuresti, Romania
KitMaker: 41 posts
Armorama: 41 posts
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2018 - 11:50 AM UTC
NEO is the new type of tracks that Dragon is starting to sell. Or more precisely Neo Tracks. They are link and length and they made their first appearance with the Flak Hetzer and later on with the M752.

I assume that little by little Dragon is going to replace those awful DS tracks with the Neo tracks.

And yes, the Pz III and Pz IV have interiors. Not a full interior, I think the engine is missing but we do get the turret interior and the fighting compartment.

It's also quite possible that the Neo range means kits with (partial) interior as well
m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2018 - 12:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

NEO is the new type of tracks that Dragon is starting to sell. Or more precisely Neo Tracks. They are link and length and they made their first appearance with the Flak Hetzer and later on with the M752.

I assume that little by little Dragon is going to replace those awful DS tracks with the Neo tracks.

And yes, the Pz III and Pz IV have interiors. Not a full interior, I think the engine is missing but we do get the turret interior and the fighting compartment.

It's also quite possible that the Neo range means kits with (partial) interior as well

Thanks for the information. Finally PZ III and IV interiors. Now, about the cost!
BootsDMS
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2018 - 08:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

You mean this one? Radar No9 Mk1. But it's on the tall-hull FV610 command vehicle variant, not the standard-hull FV603/604. I don't know how many there were. 8 Surveillance Troop RA had 3 which they deployed to Gibraltar.

That's the badger! What a beast and how impressive - even though we're getting ahead of ourselves here - that would look on the display tables. Perhaps the resin gurus would consider it in due course - my scratch skills are a little limited.

I seem to recall that these were also part of 94 Locating Regiment's inventory but can't remember if I saw them there (as a visiting Army Cadet) or at various Army shows which were far more common back then.

Thanks for the image Peter.

Brian
Hohenstaufen
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 05:44 AM UTC
Oh dear, more expense. First the Fries crane from Takom or Trumpeter, now a Dragon PzIV with interior. I thought my stash would see me out, can't stop hand reaching for wallet...
gaz_ewart
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 78 posts
Armorama: 74 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 09:06 PM UTC
It's made it to scalemates, with a better picture:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/1168311-dragon-3577-fv603-saracen
system
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 364 posts
Armorama: 363 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 10:26 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Okay, next question: What's that next to it? "M7**" , "M9 Dozer b***"

M728 CEV? I can see an M60 hull there.

This is like those old picture quizzes you used to get: "Identify this familiar object from an unfamiliar angle"
19sam68
Visit this Community
Utrecht, Netherlands
KitMaker: 124 posts
Armorama: 124 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 10:33 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Okay, next question: What's that next to it? "M7**" , "M9 Dozer b***"

M728 CEV? I can see an M60 hull there.

This is like those old picture quizzes you used to get: "Identify this familiar object from an unfamiliar angle"

Yes it's a M728 CEV

Grz,

Sam.
Hohenstaufen
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, September 30, 2018 - 10:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Haha, we've all been had for mugs, it's Black Label again!
 _GOTOTOP