_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
World War I dio.
sgirty
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,315 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2004 - 12:22 PM UTC
Hi Anybody checked out the World War I dio. just posted on the Constrctive Comments section of Missing Lynx? Called "Hun in the Sun". Very, very nice indeed. A rare combination of land warfare and areial attack, all in one. Well done.

Take care. Sgirty
waterboy
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 466 posts
Armorama: 332 posts
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2004 - 12:45 PM UTC
It's a great work of art by a gentleman by the name of Per Olav Lund. He said it took him almost 2 years to build this fantastic work.
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,586 posts
Armorama: 1,225 posts
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2004 - 05:22 PM UTC
Quite impressive.... and very well done from the single photo i see hear... if nothing else, the idea alone is super creative.

Personally, i love the "mud, guts, and huts" of the WWI era, but I have not been able to find a solid source for a variety of figures, either in Resin, white metal, or even injected plastic. There are some 1:32 "toys" but the detail is just not good enough.... but would live to give it a whirl if someone could show me a a wide selection of French, Brits, and Huns!
JackFlash
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
Armorama: 256 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 08:37 AM UTC
Greetings all; For figures it depends on the scale. Preiser makes great WWII German figure that are an easy conversion to WWI. For 1/48 try Copper State Models, Jaguar and Copplestone (28mm) The diorama is a fine piece of work Model On!!! JackFlash
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 3,179 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 12:02 PM UTC
KF:
What scale? You can cobble togheter a decent dio in 120MM I'd suspect.
Model CellAR IS IS A GOOD PLACE TO START, they make some stuff in 1/35th and 120MM. Imperial Gallery has sveral figures in 120MM as does Kirin.

Squadron recently strated carrying model cellar, you can use the search function to see what they stock.
www.squadron.com
Kar98K
KitMaker: 126 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 12:38 PM UTC
That is really neat. I love when people put airplanes in thiers dios. It is really cool.
 _GOTOTOP