_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
News
Master Box: Screaming Eagles 1944
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / España
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 10:42 AM UTC

Master Box presents a new set of figures, “Take one more grenade!" Screaming Eagles, 101st Airborne (Air Assault) Division, Europe, 1944-1945

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
RECON22
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 665 posts
Armorama: 652 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 11:43 AM UTC
Nice poses but I will be adding a new head/ helmet set....its a shame the rigger gloves aren't molded on the hands as per the box art, but a bit of greenstuff/ putty could fix. Thank you Master Box for another great set of figures.
Monsoon
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 81 posts
Armorama: 69 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 01:17 PM UTC
I'd like to see an actual shot of the spures. Seems like Masterbox uses US Marine pattern canteen covers for a lot of their US figures, regardless of branch.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 02:07 PM UTC
Nice set. Not only did they finally get the pockets on the M1943 jacket right - the lower pockets are separate pieces, providing a lot more detail than if they were molded on.
I'll be receiving a set soon.
Contrary to what the box says, this set is no good for 1945. The uniforms depicted were all turned in before Market Garden. While some troops did squirrel way a set for sentimental reasons, it's highly doubtful they preferred them to the newer uniform. I'd say it's impossible to find four guys in the same squad wearing it in 1945.
The helmet issue is always - well, an issue. Because of the limitations of injection molding, the netting never will have a good look all the way around, so I'll use plenty of leftover MJ Miniature resin helmets. Pantyhose works nicely as well.
As for the correctness of the netting,the tighter pattern is actually British, which 101st Troopers preferred when they could get them. You'll see a mish mash. Which brings up another point: Every one of these sets seems to show the reinforced pockets, knees and elbows, which was not the case. You can simply elect not to paint that feature on if you like. You should definitely leave off the US flags.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 - 03:28 AM UTC
Four figs are not enough! Hope they release a follow-up set of another 4 (or more!) figs.
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 - 11:24 AM UTC
Love the box art, but I think the graffiti tagger may have misspelled "KAPİTULİREN," shouldn't it be KAPİTULİEREN? ... Anyway, have another grenade!💥
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 - 10:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Love the box art, but I think the graffiti tagger may have misspelled "KAPİTULİREN," shouldn't it be KAPİTULİEREN? ... Anyway, have another grenade!💥

What makes you think graffiti artists know how to spell?

I get to look at graffiti covered trains all day and spelling and grammar are not their skill set.
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2018 - 04:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

What makes you think graffiti artists know how to spell?

I get to look at graffiti covered trains all day and spelling and grammar are not their skill set.

Hey! You from Jersey?... what exit? 😂
 _GOTOTOP