_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
my new dio
wampum
Visit this Community
Tekirdag, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Armorama: 661 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 08:39 PM UTC
Here is my new dio. Need suggestions

Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,924 posts
Armorama: 3,679 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 09:08 PM UTC
Nice little scene, well built and painted. The only obvious thing is the soldier last in line. He appears to be running at some speed and yet the tank trap is behind him. Unless he's actually run through it it might need moving? Or him?

Vinnie
jackhammer
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 357 posts
Armorama: 310 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 11:40 PM UTC
I agree with Teacher. Nice scene. You could correct the tank trap problem, bend the upper bar that is behind him back or cut it off, take out the barbed wire in the same area and the kraut is now landing from his leap over the lower bar. Just a quick fix idea.
Sensei
Visit this Community
Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 799 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 12:24 AM UTC
I like the scene very much! but i also must agree with the others about the barbwire just move it a bit more diagonal and shorten it a bit and it will be okay!

wampum
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, April 02, 2004 - 08:08 PM UTC
thank you all. I didn't see the problem till now, that's why is this forum
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Armorama: 3,777 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 03, 2004 - 04:44 AM UTC
If you really want a killer detail add some leaves and candy wrappers and that kind of stuff along the curb and the bottom edge of the wall.
wampum
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 09:56 PM UTC
Hmmm,really, that would be a killer detail.. thanks
Whiskey
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,038 posts
Armorama: 377 posts
Posted: Monday, April 05, 2004 - 05:29 AM UTC
Put some bullet holes in the wall and maybe some rubble on the ground.
JackFlash
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
Armorama: 256 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 07:24 AM UTC
Greetings all; Just being a bit nosy here. For me the idea of a diorama says that there must be a story behind the scene. So what is the title of your diorama? Figures in action are essential but where are they going. Obviously their avoiding enemy eyes but to what end? Advance or retreat, their equipment says their moving a light machine gun nest but why? A simple word like 'Sniper!!' may be sufficient.. Just an opinion.
Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,924 posts
Armorama: 3,679 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 09:52 AM UTC
Dioramas don't have to tell a story...nice if they do, but not essential, they can be used simply to display a piece surely?

Vinnie
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 10:19 AM UTC
hi Alguhan,
first of all,i felt proud to see another Turkish modeler's work in Armorama and I am also glad you decided to wake up and send your 12th post since august 2002.
Nice vignette with old Tamiya figures. I like the painting of figures and diobase. The wall-sidewalk-street combination looks good,is it self made? I agree on the comments about the tank obstacle and also respect your idea adding details to your diorama but I think your dio represents a city war scenario and you can find better details than a tank obstacle and barbed wire to a street fight...rubble,a motocycle or bike,some empty boxes and crates or another figure running /hiding near the wall are some options. Anyway,my friend i dont want you think Armorama buddies or me have no mercy to critize :-) this is really a good vignette.I especially like the harmony of the uniform color and the color of wall... congrats and please keep us posted with your new dios.
ELLERINE SAGLIK....
P.S : please contact via PM or e-mail for some diorama stuff i can send you like posters,maps,rations,newspapers,etc.
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 05:36 PM UTC
Hi there neighbour,its good to see new works from the Mediteranean. As previous guys stated and especially Brother Engin said this is a nice lil scene well carried out. I like the road work and the wall. The tank obstacle could easily be replaced by another detail maybe even more interesting (a left bicycle, some wooden box remaining, some shells, a dead guy (LOL), some paper on the road, some shells, and in generall maybe 2-3 touches of small items to fill the drama) I like the colouring and the atnoshpere. One thing that my crumpy old eye noticed. A strange line on first soldiers jaw..or i dont see well anynmore?.
Keep up the good work and shorten your posting times .......will be nice to see u more often

Costas
wampum
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2004 - 09:20 PM UTC
Thanks for all of the opinions.
Usually my dios have no names. I think the story can be produced by you when you're analizing the diorama.
The wall, sidewalk and street are self made using plaster of paris.
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Armorama: 3,293 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 12:37 AM UTC
Couple things. Rather than remove the barricade, turn the figure about 45 degrees to his left so he is running towards the cover of the wall. I agree with the others, a little more "stuffF in the street would give theis scene a lot more life.
If this were entereed in competiton in most bigger contests, it would be considered a vignette, rather that a diaoram in that there are no vehicles and the story is a much more self contained display scene for your figures. Technically, a diorama should, indeed, tell a story. When judging one, that is a big part of the criteria...how clear is the story.
 _GOTOTOP