_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
The night before Operation Epsom,June1944
Removed by original poster on 01/03/20 - 20:26:49 (GMT).
G-man69
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 944 posts
Armorama: 928 posts
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2019 - 04:38 AM UTC
Hi Jerry,

Outstanding work, the animation shown in your figures makes each small vignette come alive.

Something for us all to aspire to, .

Cheers, ,

G
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2019 - 08:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Jerry,

Outstanding work, the animation shown in your figures makes each small vignette come alive.

Something for us all to aspire to, .

Cheers, ,

G

Thanks "G" ! Very kind words!
J
southpier
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 546 posts
Armorama: 316 posts
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2019 - 08:27 AM UTC
really like the German camouflage

Golikell
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,757 posts
Armorama: 914 posts
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2019 - 11:40 PM UTC
Thanks for adding all the pictures together. It makes for a intriguing story. You certainly make it come to life!!!
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2019 - 01:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

really like the German camouflage

Thanks buddy! I appreciate that!
J
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2019 - 01:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks for adding all the pictures together. It makes for a intriguing story. You certainly make it come to life!!!

Thanks Erwin! Kind words.
J
Dioramartin
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 1,476 posts
Armorama: 1,463 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2019 - 01:41 PM UTC
YES! Diorama in Action…well OK lots of inaction there so far but you get my drift, looks & reads so well. Hopefully an inspiration for others to explore too. Roll on Ep 2, you got me hooked from the outset
treadstone
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 83 posts
Armorama: 45 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2019 - 04:52 PM UTC
Amazing and outstanding work Jerry, it reminds me of a book in my grade school library in the mid 70's depicting the Battle of the Bulge that used Monogram and Tamiya models to tell the story. Your work is alway inspirational to me, thank you.
BUTA46
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
KitMaker: 117 posts
Armorama: 113 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2019 - 10:49 PM UTC
Awesome, JR, awesome. I remember something about a frustrated film maker. You have forged an ingenious method of reducing film making to a nice low budget affair. Thanks. And the cool thing is that if any of your actors start spouting off about politics, low wages, unfair painting practices or such, you can just smash ‘em with a hammer...

Again, if I win the big bucks, I’m getting you, DioTim, Mike, Mike, Mike and Cheyanne together for a show of shows.
Party on, Garth.
Golikell
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2019 - 12:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

J

My pleasure. It is more than deserved! Can't wait to see your next project, or next phase...
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2019 - 01:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

YES! Diorama in Action…well OK lots of inaction there so far but you get my drift, looks & reads so well. Hopefully an inspiration for others to explore too. Roll on Ep 2, you got me hooked from the outset

Thanks buddy! High praise indeed coming from the guy that is buildings the ultimate story board/movie set in scale.
J
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2019 - 01:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Amazing and outstanding work Jerry, it reminds me of a book in my grade school library in the mid 70's depicting the Battle of the Bulge that used Monogram and Tamiya models to tell the story. Your work is alway inspirational to me, thank you.

Thanks man,
I never knew a book like that existed. I was approached to actually make a book like that but the deal fell through.
J
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2019 - 02:02 AM UTC
[quote]Awesome, JR, awesome. I remember something about a frustrated film maker. You have forged an ingenious method of reducing film making to a nice low budget affair. Thanks. And the cool thing is that if any of your actors start spouting off about politics, low wages, unfair painting practices or such, you can just smash ‘em with a hammer...

Again, if I win the big bucks, I’m getting you, DioTim, Mike, Mike, Mike and Cheyanne together for a show of shows.
Party on, Garth.

Thanks for the awesome remarks there buddy! Nice way of putting it as well.
That is one of my pet peeves about actors. No matter what side of the aisle they are on I would really like it if they refrained from political comments and endorsements. I defend their right to have an opinion and state as such but in that profession it clouds their performance in my eyes.Any other entertainer is in the same position IMHO.
When I watch a TV show or movie I judge its' effectiveness by its' ability to put me in what I call my "movie trance". If a movie is good,I have no idea of the outside world until the film is over. A crappy movie will not hold my attention. Plus,if it uses an actor that is very vocal in politics I can't help but think about what their position is,whether that stand be left or right! It helps to break my movie trance and so please....actors....shut your pie holes!!
J
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2019 - 02:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

J

My pleasure. It is more than deserved! Can't wait to see your next project, or next phase...

Thanks again man! I intend to keep going with this Epsom project for the time being and have the next phase( The attack) underway. It would go a lot quicker if I had some tank models built up but that takes me months to do because the AMS kicks in every time.
J
Golikell
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2019 - 02:07 AM UTC
AMS?
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2019 - 03:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

AMS?

"Advanced Modelers' Syndrome".
It means you can't be happy with building out of the box anymore and have to replace mistakes on the original kit and add all kinds of aftermarket parts or scratchbuilt stuff,etc etc.
J
Golikell
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2019 - 05:09 AM UTC
Ah, that one. I am afraid that I have contracted this affliction too!
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2019 - 01:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Ah, that one. I am afraid that I have contracted this affliction too!

Yes,well,I think it is inevitable once one gets into model building for even a short time! Plus,it gets worse when I see a really fantastic modeler and want to try and do better. Which happens to me all the time,
J
Golikell
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2019 - 02:36 AM UTC
To be honest, I see even top modellers who do not think so, or don't bother. At the SMC there was a really fantastic diorama on which 2 groups of German soldiers weer stuck behind a tender and a steam engine, with one of their wounded comrades was wounded in the open space in between. It was really great with fantastic poses and drama, etc. It was just, that the colour of the steam engine was wrong. The type the modeller used, was never issued in that livery (black over red) during the war. While some simple research could have solved this issue. I did the same. To me this was a fly in the ointment.
Golikell
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2019 - 02:45 AM UTC
This one:
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2019 - 02:58 AM UTC

Quoted Text

This one:

I saw this one on FB when the show was going on and was extremely blown away with the drama and the superb story it told. The figures and groundwork and everything was just spectacular. I also liked the one showing the soldier saying goodbye in the small courtyard. Brilliant stuff. When a dio is as good as this one I think the color of the tender is not something that will register with me.
J
Golikell
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2019 - 07:30 PM UTC
As said, I found it an awesome dio, and have been looking at it for quite some time... It is just that, if you know something is incorrect, something which could have been prevented easily by some basic research, for me, it takes away a bit of of the lustre.
Maybe it is because I know this, and I a have a strong sense of these things.
But, seeing what you do with your work, I am not afraid this will occur with your work...
So, come on, feed us, the curious crowd with pictures of your AMS tank(s), to keep us satisfied!!!
cheyenne
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,185 posts
Armorama: 1,813 posts
Posted: Friday, November 01, 2019 - 10:42 PM UTC
Just one word Jerry .......

https://youtu.be/v2AC41dglnM
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, November 02, 2019 - 02:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Just one word Jerry .......

https://youtu.be/v2AC41dglnM

Thanks man!
One of my guilty pleasures is AC/DC.
When I was a pro musician (yes,believe it or not) all the other guys looked down their nose at the simple music like that but I always loved it! LoL
J
 _GOTOTOP