_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
1/35 Centauro - 1st finished model in 5 yrs!
RedwingNev
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 911 posts
Armorama: 348 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 04, 2020 - 07:22 AM UTC
So due to a host of boring reasons I have barely done any modelling the last 5 years, and have certainly not finished anything in that time. This Centauro was originally an entry in the 8x8 campaign way back when, and in fact was nearly finished (got as far as weathering before modelling went on the back burner).

In the intervening 5 years, the cats got into the model room and this was one of the models they "played" with. Anything sticky out - arials, handles, mirrors etc - was broken off, and the gun barrel was chewed to destruction, hence the makeshift camo net over the end!

Time off at Christmas gave me a chance to clear the workbench and get back at it. Repairs were made, touch ups performed and a bit of weathering added. This will win no awards, but I'm happy just to have gotten back on the bike

Photos should be working now
vettejack
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,277 posts
Armorama: 1,254 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 04, 2020 - 01:44 PM UTC
I feel your pain...job commitments, moving 3 times in 5 years...blah, blah, blah. Got 4 M47's still without paint, going on 4 years now. Add to that, stupid me starting building 2 AML's. God knows when I'll get all this corrected.
TankManNick
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 551 posts
Armorama: 543 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 04, 2020 - 02:05 PM UTC
Careful now you don't go starting a new trend of extreme weathering by way of chewing cats!

Hey! - Welcome back to the fun stuff.
RedwingNev
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 911 posts
Armorama: 348 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 04, 2020 - 09:15 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Careful now you don't go starting a new trend of extreme weathering by way of chewing cats!

Ha, it looked a lot like this!

_GOTOTOP