_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
T-64A headlight color?
Phil5000
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 165 posts
Armorama: 135 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2020 - 12:07 PM UTC
Hi fellas. Hope you're all ok.

I have a question that needs clarification. I'm working on a T-64A and I need to know how to paint the headlights. The boxart and painting guide show them to be silver, like a car's or truck's but on some reference pics they seem to be black IR lights. I figured that may be a later variant or some kind of cover or something.

I'm depicting mine as a cold war variant in Soviet service if that makes a difference.

Thanks fallas. Stay safe.
Tanksami
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 1,314 posts
Armorama: 1,217 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2020 - 01:49 PM UTC
Kia Ora Phil,

I hope things back home are going well for you in the lock down, I have just checked my T64 book & the light on the left hand side Front on looking ( our driving side) is definitely a black colour / infa red light.

Hope that helps & stay safe back home.
Mike
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2020 - 03:51 PM UTC
Hi;

Depending on how much work that you are willing to invest into your kit; I always Hollow out my lights and install A MV product; But they are now out of Business ! Most builders just paint there's Silver, which IMHO looks Toy like for Me. There is A AM company who makes the front & back lights plus the side marker's

CHEERS; MIKE.
kaleu
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 123 posts
Armorama: 112 posts
Posted: Monday, March 30, 2020 - 05:37 AM UTC
If you want to go the aftermarket route, take a look at SKP products:

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/review/11001
Phil5000
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 165 posts
Armorama: 135 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2020 - 11:14 AM UTC
Thanks falles. It looks like the instructions are wrong then, and that's not the only problem with the kit frankly.

I'm doing ok in our lockdown but I'm having a dispute with my employer. Our goverment has granted a subsidy for people who can't work but my employer is insisting I don't qualify. But I'm sure I'll get it resolved eventually. There's a lot of confusion about what business should be working and what should be shut down. For some reason ours is still working though we clean a shopping mall.

Anyway thanks again.
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2020 - 07:17 PM UTC
GDAY Mate;

We All feel Your Pain ! just take it One Day at A Time, and try and Not dwell on the negative, I know this is A Poor excuse for Building Model's but it helps keep your mind active. !
Stay Safe and Good Luck to Everyone In the Land Down under !!!!!
CHEERS MATE; MIKE.
 _GOTOTOP