_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
an artillery piece?
dylans
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 394 posts
Armorama: 380 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2020 - 07:44 PM UTC
Here is my 1/35 Takom AK-130 gun turret. as with most Takom kits the plastic is great, but the instructions need work. some dodgy assembly sequences aside I really had fun building it.

some things to watch out for if you are going to build one. the railing around the base should be assembled and fully cured BEFORE adding it to the base. I was left with some challenging seams to deal with. there are 2 photo etch parts on the gun, leave them off. they disappear under paint , but when you elevate the guns they scrape off the paint leaving you with bare brass showing through. I eventually glued everything as you see here to keep from having paint scraped off every time i move them. there are a couple of tricky mold seams on the main turret piece due to it being slide molded. other than those minor issues I had fun building and painting it.

main grey colour is a mix of Tamiya Kure grey and dark sea grey. deck colour is a mix of Tamiya linoleum and panzer grey. the red is Mr.color russet. when the Varyag visited Vancouver in 2011 I was able to get a few shots of it. Obviously for a foreign port visit it was as shiney and clean as they could get it. I went with a darker shade of grey because I think it looks more menacing.

varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2020 - 09:37 PM UTC
Good job there. Personally I like more the original colours, but in any case yours looks great.
Hangelafette
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 344 posts
Armorama: 315 posts
Posted: Friday, April 17, 2020 - 08:23 AM UTC
Very nice work and thanks for the tips and paint mixes! Happy to hear that the kit goes together well. I only wish Takom had included some stencils.

-Nate
Rampenfest
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 193 posts
Armorama: 188 posts
Posted: Friday, April 17, 2020 - 05:36 PM UTC
Excellent work! It is a super interesting piece. I feel like it could also be used in a Star Wars scene too! Nicely done.

- Joe
Panzer_Modeler
Visit this Community
New Mexico, United States
KitMaker: 419 posts
Armorama: 217 posts
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2020 - 11:22 AM UTC
Looks great, love the grimy appearance!
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community