_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
News
The Bodi: German Tank/SPG Crew
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 09, 2020 - 07:49 PM UTC

A new set of German WW2 tankers is available from The Bodi.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
RJEdwards
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 22 posts
Armorama: 22 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2020 - 12:31 AM UTC
Look to be nice figures, but the German Cross on the officer is out of place for the period being illustrated (not introduced until 1942). Wish the PE parts had been shown to better advantage. I'd like to see what formations are being represented on the shoulder straps/boards. Although advertised as Army and SS, the uniforms shown are cut in the distinctive Army 2nd pattern pattern and would not have been worn by the SS except prewar and very early war and possibly, as an exception (due to supply chain shortages.) Hate to be pedantic about it, but I see beautifully done models all the time that are paired with out-of-place figures.
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2020 - 08:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Look to be nice figures, but the German Cross on the officer is out of place for the period being illustrated (not introduced until 1942). Wish the PE parts had been shown to better advantage. I'd like to see what formations are being represented on the shoulder straps/boards. Although advertised as Army and SS, the uniforms shown are cut in the distinctive Army 2nd pattern pattern and would not have been worn by the SS except prewar and very early war and possibly, as an exception (due to supply chain shortages.) Hate to be pedantic about it, but I see beautifully done models all the time that are paired with out-of-place figures.

So if they were Heer then the uniform is correct for any period in the war, so the officer with the German Cross would be correct for post 1942? If the uniform was SS (which it doesn't show) and was based on a diorama including figures dating pre and early war then the uniforms are correct for SS. I hate to be pedantic but the figures and the emblems are not incorrect in themselves, it's just the modeller has to know which is a correct uniform detail for the period they are depicting and finish the figure accordingly. No fault on the part of The Bodi.
maartenboersma
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 764 posts
Armorama: 742 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2020 - 08:42 AM UTC
They have rounded collar ends so these are W-ss jackets
WH has pointed collar ends.

Anyway nice figures , the PE set is excellent all brands should do that.
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2020 - 10:01 AM UTC
Nice, albeit relaxed poses and not a pair of binocs or finger pointing! One question though: why do the Germans have normal faces and the Brits and Aussies (like below) have animated faces to the point of almost being happy caricatures? Just asking...
Hohenstaufen
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,192 posts
Armorama: 1,615 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2020 - 11:01 AM UTC
Actually the jackets combine features of both Waffen SS and Heer issue. The front was cut vertically on the SS jacket rather than slanting on Heer issue. The lapels were smaller and more rounded as shown, but the SS issue lacked the prominent central seam of the Heer jacket these figures wear, instead having two darts. However having said that, although these differences tend to be correct, variations are not unknown.
RJEdwards
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 22 posts
Armorama: 22 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 11, 2020 - 02:31 AM UTC
Just saying that the figures are incompatible together as finished. Maybe that's immaterial, but if I get a set, I usually want the figures to be matched for a certain period.
The uniforms are clearly army uniforms as presented (as mentioned by another member, the presence of a center back seam gives it away, and the single button on the front trouser pocket closures is another sign).
I'm just mentioning this so that a modeler less familiar with the uniforms of the period won't be tempted to replicate the box art/advertising photos to finish the set and place the two figures together. Take away the GCiG on the officer, and everything is fine for Army tankers of the early-war period.
Regards all,
Bob
 _GOTOTOP