_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Airfix Sd.Kfz.222...ish...in 1/76
JollyRoger
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,241 posts
Armorama: 79 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 25, 2020 - 08:32 AM UTC
Hi everyone. please do excuse me, it has been a long while since I've posted anything and I had to change the photo povider. I wil ltry to get this post together...soon I hope... https://photos.app.goo.gl/HM7cRDohw3yMED7QA
Dog gemn it! Seems I cannot directly link photos from Google Photos. Anyways, I will try to fix it. This is the old Sd.Kfz.222 scout from Airfix...at least the joke of it. It lacks literally half of the model. I have started this as a "quick and easy" build years ago. Camouflage was a study of Sprite precision. A few months ago I found it in a box and decided to finish.... alas I found out it has a lot of details either incorrect or missing. And I got myself in trouble. I will try to post step by step what I have done. Maybe it forces me to finish this.
Removed by original poster on 06/25/20 - 20:37:26 (GMT).
Removed by original poster on 06/25/20 - 20:40:07 (GMT).
Removed by original poster on 06/26/20 - 07:12:56 (GMT).
Panzer_Modeler
Visit this Community
New Mexico, United States
KitMaker: 419 posts
Armorama: 217 posts
Posted: Friday, July 03, 2020 - 12:45 PM UTC
I your having problems posting your photos you could try uploading them via flickr, its very easy. you try too here are some easy instructions to follow:
1. Click on the picture you want to upload.

2. On the lower right of the screen are four icons. Click on the second one from the left. It is the arrow pointing to the right. Not the arrow pointing down to the line.

3. You will get a line of code that shows up in the box that starts like this. [url=https://flic.kr/

4. Left click on it, then right click and click on copy.

5. Go to you post and right click and paste the bar of code.

6. Then, the fun part (saying that sarcastically). You need to delete all of the code that is before and after the two [Img] and leave the code in the middle.

7. When you are done writing your text all you have to do is click on the YES button like normal and your picture will appear.

It took me some trial and error before I figured this out There is probably an easier way but it works for me so I keep running with it. Hope I explained it okay for you.
JollyRoger
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, September 07, 2020 - 01:27 AM UTC
Yup, thanks. I finally had time to try and upload photos to flickr. Let's see if ı can manage to do it this time.

Ok, I gave up! As it seems I will stick to looking at and vigorously commenting other modelers' builds.
Robbd01
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 791 posts
Armorama: 344 posts
Posted: Monday, September 07, 2020 - 08:39 AM UTC

Cheers
JollyRoger
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, September 07, 2020 - 08:12 PM UTC
Thanks a lot. What am I doing incorrectly? I am doing what I have done for years and somehow everything goes sideways!!
JollyRoger
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, September 07, 2020 - 08:40 PM UTC
Ok, seems like I can make do with a halfway solution. Sorry for the clutter above.
Anyways. Photos above are more or less whaat Airfix graced us with as they see fit on the detais side...which is not much as can be observed.

I tried to add some pseudo-details for the interior. I didn't care too much since virtually nothing can be seen through the opening specially after the figure ı plan to place at the end.
JollyRoger
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, September 07, 2020 - 08:45 PM UTC
Then I realised the turret is not very realistic either.

I removed the original gun saddle, holding from the sides and changed it to foreward and aft since the crew need to be there, placed two rudimentary seats from polystyrene L beams and placed an MG34 from a Fujimi BMW and a gundsight.
JollyRoger
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, September 08, 2020 - 08:48 PM UTC

I also built a set of mash hatches or covers since Airfix didn't bother giving anything even remotely resembling them.
Panzer_Modeler
Visit this Community
New Mexico, United States
KitMaker: 419 posts
Armorama: 217 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 09, 2020 - 12:46 PM UTC
Starting to look really good! Cant wait to see it finished!
firstcircle
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,249 posts
Armorama: 2,007 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 09, 2020 - 06:57 PM UTC
I suspect it's a long time since anyone gave this Airfix kit so much love. Interior details even!
JollyRoger
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, September 09, 2020 - 08:04 PM UTC
Thank you gentlemen. I have an unhealthy sympathy against old model kits.
 _GOTOTOP