_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Tamiya: Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf. F
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Friday, November 06, 2020 - 10:18 PM UTC

Announced sometime in July, the wait may soon be over as Tamiya has this kit slated for December release.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,359 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 07, 2020 - 11:32 AM UTC
This looks like a nice kit. Tamiya's recent figures are on par with most of the leading injection molded plastic figures on the market today. I will have to get this one.
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 07, 2020 - 12:29 PM UTC
Yawn...what shall I do with those Dragon, Border etc kits in the stash now that Tamiya has an offering? Build them, of course. While I have always appreciated Tamiya for fine engineering in their kits this one is too little too late and I simply can't be bothered.
obg153
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,063 posts
Armorama: 1,049 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 07, 2020 - 02:45 PM UTC
From the pics provided, the detail looks pretty sharp, along with the tracks. Looks like the stash grows yet again.
Scouteyes
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 247 posts
Armorama: 208 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 08, 2020 - 01:46 AM UTC
Looks like a decent kit. The figures are much better than when Tamiya first started.
GeraldOwens
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 3,736 posts
Armorama: 3,697 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 08, 2020 - 11:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks like a decent kit. The figures are much better than when Tamiya first started.

For the last few years, Tamiya has been clothing live models in period uniforms, posing them to fit, and then scanning them in three dimensions with a laser. That eliminates any artistic limitations of a sculptor, and provides a very life-like appearance. They can tweak it a little, though, as when they chose to give their SU-76 commander the face of Vladimir Putin!
MrCompletely
Visit this Community
Saitama-ken, Japan / 日本
KitMaker: 128 posts
Armorama: 120 posts
Posted: Monday, November 09, 2020 - 01:42 PM UTC
We aren't all so lucky to be able to afford all those fabulous models from companies like Dragon, Border, R.F.M, etc. I've only been working again 2 months after 11 months out of work; but even now I still can't afford them. I haven't even bought a model for pushing 2 years now. I see people on F.B. posting pix of the SEVEN Takom Jagdpanthers they bought, plus all the A.M. they can't seem to finish a model without and pull another 20 year old out of the stash. I live in Japan, so Tamiya is relatively cheap and easily available for me. Their engineering and fit are second to none; as are their instructions. So spare a thought for those who have to make do with what they can afford please.
Monsoon
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 81 posts
Armorama: 69 posts
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2020 - 02:11 PM UTC

Quoted Text

We aren't all so lucky to be able to afford all those fabulous models from companies like Dragon, Border, R.F.M, etc. I've only been working again 2 months after 11 months out of work; but even now I still can't afford them. I haven't even bought a model for pushing 2 years now. I see people on F.B. posting pix of the SEVEN Takom Jagdpanthers they bought, plus all the A.M. they can't seem to finish a model without and pull another 20 year old out of the stash. I live in Japan, so Tamiya is relatively cheap and easily available for me. Their engineering and fit are second to none; as are their instructions. So spare a thought for those who have to make do with what they can afford please.

I like what people do with Dragon, Takom, etc, but I just have the time or desire to mess around with a kit that has that high of a parts count.

Like you, I like Tamiya and looking forward to this kit.
 _GOTOTOP