_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Where to find update for challenger
tom
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 681 posts
Armorama: 452 posts
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2004 - 12:24 PM UTC
I am thinking about doing a Tamiya British Challenger 1 (mk3) for and OIF dio. I have seen a forum post about and upgrade or a update to make it a challenger 2 for it but not sure when.

I have been sick for awhile and haven't been able to use my computer .

I have been feeling better and my wife got me this kit from the hobby shop and said , " she hasn't seen me do one in awhile"
so my wife orders her I am.

What other AFV or soft skins would go with it.
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 2,247 posts
Armorama: 1,138 posts
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2004 - 01:45 PM UTC
You would be hard pressed to upgrade a Challenger Mk3 up to Challenger 2 level....they are a completly different animal. Would be like trying to upgrade a Leopard 1 to a Leopard 2.....both are Leopards...but completly different vehicles.

Better off getting one of the Trumpeter/Hobbycraft/Airfix Challenger 2's or wait until the Tamiya one is released.
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 1,966 posts
Armorama: 1,635 posts
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2004 - 02:38 PM UTC
Tom,
As Viper said it would be really tough to covert the C1 into a C2. If the kit your wife got you is the Tamiya Challenger 1 Mk.3 it was used during Desert Storm not OIF. The Tamiya kit is very nice, I'd build it and if you want to build a Challenger 2 then pick up the Trumpeter OP Telic C2, or wait a month or so for the Tamiya offering, which early indications are it will also be very nice.

Have fun!
Mike
tom
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 681 posts
Armorama: 452 posts
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2004 - 03:20 PM UTC
Thank You

I was thinking about doing a OIF or a ODS but wasn't sure if I could make a Upgrade but I will now what for the Tamiya but might get the Trumpeter because I built a M1A1 Abrams from them and it was hard but fun.

Thank You

Happy Modeling
 _GOTOTOP