_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: R/C Armor
Discuss all Remote Control Armor related topics here.
Hosted by Darren Baker
steel tracks, where to find?
mat
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
KitMaker: 894 posts
Armorama: 643 posts
Posted: Friday, April 30, 2004 - 11:33 PM UTC
Hi All,

Many times I see tanks with aftermarket steel tracks. They look so much better. I am planning on building a Trumpeter M1A1AH and a Merkava. If there are tracks for these tanks, do they work for all brands that make these tanks or do they only fit for example on Tamiya?

best regards Matthijs
coltm4
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 164 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 12:09 AM UTC
I've never used them, but i think you can just buy the track links to assemble them, and (providing the model has correct running gear) the tracks should easily slip on. If they don't, there might be something wrong with your wheels.
Paul
Visit this Community
Kharkiv, Ukraine / Україна
KitMaker: 705 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 04:08 AM UTC
If you are talking 1/35, Fruilmodel has white metal tracks, but they cost nearly $40, a little out of my budget. Mission Models sells them, I think.
Mojo
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,339 posts
Armorama: 637 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 04:37 AM UTC
picked up a set of AFV track links for the tamiya M1A2 that im building.. first time ive ever used individual link sets.. took a few hours to cut and clean them up and about another hour to assemble.. mind you, they are plastic but a good paint job and they will look great i think.. bought them from military hobbies, paid about 25 CAN for them..
WhistlerOne
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 120 posts
Armorama: 113 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 07:38 AM UTC
Love the track links from AFV. To me they clean up easier and go together quicker than white metal links. I just finished the M1A1HA from Dragon and let me tell you, the tracks in this kit are horrible! I posted some pics in the modern armor gallery, go check em out.....
dsmith
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 183 posts
Armorama: 92 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 08:26 AM UTC
For the MI, go with AFV Club tracks, and for the Merkava, get the Fruils
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 1,966 posts
Armorama: 1,635 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 02:43 PM UTC
Mat,
The Friul tracks are nice, I have used them several times. They really look good when you are building a model where the tracks need to have some sag in them. Friul does not make tracks for the M1 but they do for the Merkava. They can be found at Missionmodels.com and discountmodels.com. Both of these internet shops ship internationally. You can also find them at Blast-models.com which is located in France, they would probably be a little cheaper at Blast I would think if ordering from the Netherlands.

Mike
 _GOTOTOP