Hosted by Darren Baker
New Vietnam Figures
DHarper
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 28 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 03:30 PM UTC
I am not sure wheather to post this here or in Figgie forum! So please excuse if I'm in the wrong forum.

Here are the first two figures, (in progress), for a new series of Vietnam figures Bill is sculpting for Warriors. About 12 figures are planned, more may come.

David Harper

medic23
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 205 posts
Armorama: 109 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 03:31 PM UTC
cmon man quit tempting me with new things to buy!
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 5,957 posts
Armorama: 2,956 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 10:26 PM UTC
SWEET!!!!!!!!!! Any word on the rest of the Subjects?
coltm4
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 164 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 11:36 PM UTC
imho about (expletive deleted) time!
But they look really good. Will we be having mud crunchers with that? that would be good... cheers Bill then!!
wolfsix
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 754 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 12:51 AM UTC

New stuff and its not even German They do look good . Whats the word on the rest of the set.

Wolfsix
DHarper
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 02:30 AM UTC
Thanks for all of the good words!! It is very difficult to get companies to bite on ANY figure subjects that are not German. Luckly I am a stubborn Irishman and kept hittin' on em till they said "OK". We are currently discussing what the rest of the figgies should be. We are leaning twords U.S. Army inf/CAV on patrol. Bill did a diorama years ago called "Vietnam Mail Call", it had a couple of walls and about 8 figures sitting around reading their mail. It won many awards and was very popular, we have been asked to re-create it for a Warriors product.

What would you like to see, we would love some seroius input.

David
medic23
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 02:55 AM UTC
reguarding vietnam figures or any 1/35 figures?

if its the latter

more OIF guys!
DHarper
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 05:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

if its the latter

more OIF guys!

We have a set of Marines riddin' Shotgun in their AAV7, I am building the AAV7 with the Blast models suspension and tracks and the Hobbyfan RAMS armor set. Bill is sculpting four Marines facing left side and four facing right, with their weapons at ready waiting to do some shootin!! Plus a crew for the Amtrac. It should be quite a set (s).

But I was originally refering to 1/35 Vietnam figures.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 06:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

What would you like to see, we would love some seroius input.

Well Dave - I'd LOVE to see 1950's US Figures! Tank and vehicle crews. MP's. GI's in those really comfortable Fatigues. Elvis! Talk-about going OUT THERE - that would be a great thing to have - and I've never seen any done before!

Gunnie
medic23
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 06:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

if its the latter

more OIF guys!

We have a set of Marines riddin' Shotgun in their AAV7, I am building the AAV7 with the Blast models suspension and tracks and the Hobbyfan RAMS armor set. Bill is sculpting four Marines facing left side and four facing right, with their weapons at ready waiting to do some shootin!! Plus a crew for the Amtrac. It should be quite a set (s).

But I was originally refering to 1/35 Vietnam figures.

any release date?

buy em as they come out is my idea
DHarper
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 08:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Message for DHarper,

I would like more figures of th vietnam era to be armed with M60's or at least soldiers modelled carry M60 ammo draped around their body. No one makes those figures and i think you would corner a niche in the market !

eitehr 1/35th or 120mm scale would be great !

Yes, I would like this too. The problem is with the ammo belt, they are hard to make look right in 1/35, and if you do get it to look right then the molds tear after a couple of castings. You'd have to charge $60.00 per casting just to break even. Anything can be cast once or twice, but putting it into production is a whole different thing. Most unfortunate, we'd love to do em.
DHarper
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 08:58 AM UTC
Not sure if they will be available for commercial release. When you do figures that are designed for a vehicle that is not real popular, the manufactures (figure) don't want to spend their money on a set of figures that go with a kit like that. It's that old business thing again. Sale potential has to be greater than investment risk.
medic23
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 09:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Not sure if they will be available for commercial release. When you do figures that are designed for a vehicle that is not real popular, the manufactures (figure) don't want to spend their money on a set of figures that go with a kit like that. It's that old business thing again. Sale potential has to be greater than investment risk.

hey you get them out (aka final version before production) and i'll buy a set, if its under 200 for all of em :-)
pfc
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 1,017 posts
Armorama: 752 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 12:25 PM UTC
I like the idea of the figures on patrol hope to see them soon . I would like to see a few VC, north vietnam army regulars,and vietnam civilians (pheasents, farmers) . But as long as there is something new that works for me.
CARFACE
KitMaker: 128 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 04:29 PM UTC
Hi,
I would LOVE to see a few early (1965) U.S.Marines armed with M14s
Also would like to see R.O.K. and Aussie troops in vietnam. And while I'm dreaming, how about a U.S. artilery crew shirtless or in t-shirts. I am working on a few sculptures of figs for a vignette from the retaking of Hue in the aftermath of Tet '68 like in the pic below

Chuck

Inspector
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 5 posts
Armorama: 5 posts
Posted: Friday, May 14, 2004 - 12:39 PM UTC
60 and 79 gunners in action
DHarper
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
Posted: Friday, May 14, 2004 - 01:29 PM UTC
Heres a shot of the commander, gotta sculp bot figures heads this weekend.

lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 2,832 posts
Armorama: 1,500 posts
Posted: Friday, May 14, 2004 - 02:53 PM UTC
oooh, i feel a dio idea coming on! :-)
cheers, how long till they are out?
bergstiger
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 68 posts
Posted: Friday, May 14, 2004 - 03:14 PM UTC

As to specifics, the commander is looking very good. The idea of grunts heading out for dismounted patrol is right on.
Then to a crew for a sp gun, in t-shirts or T-shirts under a flak vest poses all kinds of interesting ideas.
To expand a bit I would also like to see some G.Is in the standard og 107 fatiges. There was better than ten years after 75 when the line dogs as well as the rest of the US military. When we, that is the folks that had volunteered to serve, were rebuilding there whole the U.S. ground forces into the would beater that it is today. The years before the BDU became the standard.;
DHarper
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
Posted: Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 05:29 AM UTC
Release date will probably be Aug/Sept.
m75
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 666 posts
Armorama: 661 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 16, 2004 - 06:05 AM UTC
Re; Bergstiger comment on the VOLAR-era US soldiers, I strongly agree as to the OG-107 fatigues that were THE uniform prior to the BDUs coming on-line. All ranks wore them, and with the abundance of vehicles available to us today, that uniform would be a great compliment to the Cold War-era troops that seem to have been "misplaced".

M48, M60 series (all), M113, M114, M151, M38, M35, M123A1C, M49,,, The possibilities are staggering! Good God, where do I sign up?

Gunnie,,, "Elvis"?? What a Great Idea!

Jim Peterson
Whiskey
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,038 posts
Armorama: 377 posts
Posted: Monday, May 17, 2004 - 07:41 AM UTC
I'd like to see a better helicopter or Huey crew than the DML set. Also more Cav guys
FBXray
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 13 posts
Posted: Monday, May 17, 2004 - 10:51 AM UTC
Anything Vietnam related bring it on. While there seems to be a plethura of standing figures, I would like to see figures that can be placed sitting/kneeling on vehicles. Troops rode on top of the M113 instead of inside due to mines.
While I agree the ammo bandoliers set a look that seems to be unique to Vietnam, the towel drapped around the neck is another "look". Since the undercut may be hard to cast, maybe casting a towel on its own might be the answer.

Although Verlinden just came out with some VC figures, they are more scarce than US Vietnam figures.

Just my 2 cents, but really, anything Vietnam related I always buy two sets of.

_GOTOTOP