_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
problem with printing features
Roadkill
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
KitMaker: 2,029 posts
Armorama: 822 posts
Posted: Friday, June 11, 2004 - 09:12 PM UTC
Jim,

I noticed a little problem with the feature the other day but forgot to mention it.

I recently looked at the great feature on making terra cotta roof tiles and wanted to print the article by using the "print version" button

https://armorama.kitmaker.net//features/376

In the article there are several pictures to explain the process but when you hit the print button you only get the text (and the one main pincture inbedded in the text), all the other pictures do not show on the print

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=printpage&artid=376
WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,314 posts
Armorama: 1,905 posts
Posted: Friday, June 11, 2004 - 10:44 PM UTC
Interesting item.

As long as we're talking about printing, I used to print off favorite threads from the site, (so I'd have them handy in hard copy), but several months ago, the register appears to be off, i.e. the narrative and any associated pictures are chopped off too soon on the right margin, (even if printed landscaped).

I'm assuming this is an issue on my end. Any computer experts have an idea of what needs to be changed so I can print the entrie document without losing anything outside the margins? Thanks.

Steve
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 12, 2004 - 07:36 AM UTC
I have to admit I am not a big fan of printing web sites. Kind of almost goes back to the days of "Print it now cause it will be gone in a year!"

It probably would be a good idea for editors to embed images into the main text if they are doing a "technique" article I guess. But for articles with a lot of images (like Scott's recent diorama article) it would be impossible to include all the images in a printed version (unless they are the thumbs).

Jim
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 12, 2004 - 07:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Interesting item.

As long as we're talking about printing, I used to print off favorite threads from the site, (so I'd have them handy in hard copy), but several months ago, the register appears to be off, i.e. the narrative and any associated pictures are chopped off too soon on the right margin, (even if printed landscaped).

I'm assuming this is an issue on my end. Any computer experts have an idea of what needs to be changed so I can print the entrie document without losing anything outside the margins? Thanks.

Steve

Steve,
This would depend on the image size right? Not an easy way around this issue either. Although some better (ussually laser) printers have settings to scale a page smaller (like 80% ussually works).

Jim
 _GOTOTOP