_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
ok for everyone out there
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 09:42 PM UTC
I am impressesed with everyone out there that is posting there work. but I know there are a lot of you that are not. Please show the work. I know there are amazing dio artist's out there waiting, even if not please, show even if you dont find yourself amazing, this is family we will all help, feedback is the key to sucess so to speak. Kevin
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 09:45 PM UTC
I d really like to backup Here Kevin. Many people carry and invent theyre own techniques ideas that could improve all our dios. Also ideas are to be carried, altered and used in many different ways. Its good if we show other people our work so we motivate others to do so !!!!!,
So keep em coming guys and girls. Shoot and post , shoot and Post , shoot and post ...... and post

Costas
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 2,832 posts
Armorama: 1,500 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 10:18 PM UTC
I will third that.
We have over...was it 4 or 40 thousand members on this site, and the only people i ever see work from are the "regulars" and occasionaly a newbie, we need more of our newbies posting there work! come on fellas, we dont bite!
cheers
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 10:33 PM UTC
I agree that more people need to show their work. Please do not be put off by the highly skilled guys that show their work.

I know I enjoy seeing and helping out folk who put models up (especially trucks for some reason :-) )
But I do enjoy seeing other peoples work even if they are only beginners.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 11:07 PM UTC
I agree with everyone else,
I not only enjoy seeing everyone's work,
I also enjoying encouraging others.

I personally enjoy taking cheaper, older kits and improving them, and like Ian Sadler, I prefer modelling on the cheap, still finding that it is much more enjoyable to do my modelling with foil, and .005 card, wire and stretched sprue than photo etched, my personal opinion of photo etched is over priced and over rated, since most modellers could easily make the part. (Just my personal rant on the over prices of photo etched part)

I do like the new turned barrels though, and if I can afford one at the time, and can find one I usually do try to get one. If not, well I've used kit barrels for over 40 years, and I still use them.

This is a great site for the free exchange of Idea's, information, and tips and techniques, and encouraging others. And becoming a member here, and joining a campaign has brought new life to my hobby. The Mission: Abrams ID, was the first model I finished in over 5 years. And I can honestly say, I was overwhelmed with all the help and encouagement from the other members of the campaign to finish it. The eyes may not see as good as 40 years ago, the hands may shake a little more, (OK a lot more) but I can honestly say that I still enjoy this hobby of ours, and part of that hobby is showing our work, encouraging others, and helping each other.

I belong to other sites, but this is the TOP SITE when it comes to helping and encouraging others.

Well, so much for my 2 cents, with inflation, it's actually .000002 cents......... :-)
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Armorama: 2,130 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 11:51 PM UTC
I'll jump in here as well. There are a lot of experienced modellers here, but we're all still learning. Even a new modeller may think up something that us old farts have missed, so keep sharing the info. and ask If you think we can give any help.
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 12:04 AM UTC
Not only the photos and techniques,lets share everything more on forums...hints,tips, ideas, projects, opinions, news, happiness,sadness,etc...
UNITED WE WIN
That was avery good thread to start..congrats Kev.
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 12:38 AM UTC
Ok - I'll start

Here is one I did about 6-7 years ago, this was my second one after returning to the hobby.

Lots to improve on on this one..... Some cool techniques on this, I replaced all 40+ grab handles on this one with scratch made wire ones, the vegitation is scatch, the dents and such were done with heat and bending then touchup with a #11.
My point is - we all start somewhere
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 01:50 AM UTC
Very cool Slodder, I liked it the plants were big but I liked it. Cheers Kevin
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 02:10 AM UTC
Ok Scott, this is a model I made about 6 years ago just getting back into it, my first dio people can see in my gallery, This was done hand painted and if you want to see it I gave it to my Mary so here it is let me have it guys
It didnt post let me try again
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 02:13 AM UTC
here it is my first model after 20 + years off
hope you enjoy it let me know, this was 6 years a go. Cheers Kevin
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,717 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 02:23 AM UTC
Kevin looks great!! Is that 1/25 scale? I wouldn't mind doing something in a larger scale, but I always have the question of what to do with it after I've completed it...

To pipe in on subject, I would love to show my work, but I don't have a digital camera yet. I've barrowed my brother-in-laws camera to the point that he frowns when he sees me I miss my old Nikon, it died years ago. It wasn't digital, but I could take good pictures with it...
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 02:29 AM UTC
Camera, troubles can be a pain I admit. Also that pzIII is 1/35th dragon kit . Painted with a brush and my own mix of left over paint a friend had to make it sorta panzer grey lol.
My point is that no matter how good the work we are a family here, it doesnt matter how much we know or how much we have to learn we can all teach each other things here by posting feedback.WE all have a lot to share and we all have something to help the next guy with his models it all starts with feedback. Cheers Kevin
Edit actually thats not the pic i was after i was after a terrible jagdpanther i did, I'll keep looking
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 02:50 AM UTC
Here we go back to the beginning
CRS
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,936 posts
Armorama: 406 posts
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 05:52 AM UTC
I build mostly Aircraft now but a few years ago I did some Armor Dios

This was my first:
Old Monogram Armor Kits
http://groups.msn.com/armorama/crsefforts.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=17205

Then I tried a smaller scale 1/72, some say you shouldn't blend HO and !/72 But I think it works if you don't "push" it too hard. The buildings are HO.:
http://groups.msn.com/armorama/crsefforts.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=17206
http://groups.msn.com/armorama/crsefforts.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=17207
http://groups.msn.com/armorama/crsefforts.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=17208
Having done this a while back I was glad to see people here with a new interest in 1/72 Armor.
Sensei
Visit this Community
Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 799 posts
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 06:01 AM UTC
Well, since many reveal their "beginner's" secrets, here is my first dio 1/72 scale, made about a year and a half ago :-)

cheers
slodder
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 06:06 AM UTC
Nice stuff everyone. See we all start somewhere and don't you feel good when you look at the beginning and see where you are now.

CRS do you have more of the 1/72 diorama? I like that one
CRS
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 06:16 AM UTC
slodder - you'll be sorry you ask. Here are a couple more:
http://groups.msn.com/armorama/crsefforts.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=17213
http://groups.msn.com/armorama/crsefforts.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=17214
Then there is this one also 1/72, kit basher / scratchbuilt the BergePanzer:

http://groups.msn.com/armorama/crsefforts.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=17209
http://groups.msn.com/armorama/crsefforts.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=17211
http://groups.msn.com/armorama/crsefforts.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=17212
http://groups.msn.com/armorama/crsefforts.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=17210
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 06:21 AM UTC
Great thread guys. I believe totally in posting your work ... in progress and finished. Every comment made and every tip offered adds to and improves your work. Even if you dont agree with some statements, it makes you think, and realise what you are trying to achieve. The help is there and most are only most willing to chime in with useful information. Even the silliest question can generate a great discussion. Over the last 2 years, my modelling has improved 100%, mostly thanks to the help and the confidence boosts I got from lots of very talented and knowledgeable people on here. Get posting everybody, especially newer modellers. Even the process of taking photographs pays dividends ... how many have spotted mistakes/omissions/flaws only in photgraphs??
Below is the first dio I made and posted here 2.5 years ago, followed by the two latest pieces. I hope I can improve as much again in the next 2 years.

Arthur
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,454 posts
Armorama: 330 posts
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 06:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'll jump in here as well. There are a lot of experienced modellers here, but we're all still learning. Even a new modeller may think up something that us old farts have missed, so keep sharing the info. and ask If you think we can give any help.

As a resident old fart,and greying person i would like to see more newbies as well,so come on more fresh ideas please,i have been doing this kind of thing for a long,long time,but sometimes a post will come along with a pic,and i think to myself,why,didn't i think of that.
Arthur
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 2,412 posts
Armorama: 1,174 posts
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 06:57 AM UTC
id love to post my work! but i dont have a digital camera

but when il have the chance to post i will!
CRS
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 07:10 AM UTC
The greatest compliment for a Dio at least in my opinion "Just like I remember it". I built this for a friend. He and two of his school days friends stole a radio out of a Japanese aircraft stationed at a field near thier home in China. With some guidance from my friend I got the aircraft a "Tony" and markings, then constructed the Dio and gave it to him.
http://groups.msn.com/armorama/crsefforts.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=17216
http://groups.msn.com/armorama/crsefforts.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=17217
bracomadar
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 410 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 09:47 AM UTC
SO..many..photos. Can't..take..it..all..in Keep them coming guys, they look great.
LogansDad
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 938 posts
Armorama: 416 posts
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 10:20 AM UTC
I'm afraid I'm in the same boat as HC & 3442. No digicam, Scanner dead. As to my oldies but ...Baddies, to be honest, I got a little story.
So When I went into the Corps, I left my Dio's , stash(20+ kits) and complted models, along with my parts box, Materials paints, etc. with my folks in NY. Got out of the Corps, and proceeded to spend several yrs on the road with Film & theatre jobs. Mom died of Cancer, Dad remarried moved out & sold the old homestead to my Sister & her Troglodyte of a husband- on the condition that any of the siblings were always welcome and anything they had stored would remain until they claimed it. My wife & I settled her in NC when I finished Training & got a "real" job. We went back to NY 3 yrs. ago so I could get my stuff, Searched in attic, basement, Closets. No evidence of modeling activity anywhere. Asked Sis & Hubby- Mumbled reply: "Oh yeah, that old stuff was in my way when I remodeled so I THREW IT OUT."

Why have I not killed that jerk? STILL tryin to figure that one out...
Sorry- thread hit a nerve-felt like venting. Go on about your lives citizens.
Neill
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,255 posts
Armorama: 485 posts
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 02:55 PM UTC
All of your work both encourages and inspires me...

John
 _GOTOTOP