Hosted by Darren Baker
Carentan revamped building
nato308
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 884 posts
Armorama: 609 posts
Posted: Monday, July 05, 2004 - 11:43 PM UTC
I have added 5 new photos to my gallery with the new revamped buildings, have a look and let me know what you all think. I hope to get much done in the next few weeks so I can move on to the final phases.

jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 04:45 AM UTC
Nato I like the new look of the buildings, the bricks lining the windows are cork? Also I cant tell in the photos but it looks like the second floor wall paper is one big piece? If it is cut up some more and lay it just like real wall paper. Slodder tipped me off to this one. Also cant tell but are there nail holes in the floor boards?Also what material is that you constructed the walls from? Maybe its just the pics so if they are there dont worry about it. I love this dio, It's huge and I can tell its going to be full of detail. I can't wait to see it finished. Keep us posted. Cheers Kevin
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 05:01 AM UTC
Breath taking, that looks great so far!!!
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 05:16 AM UTC
Hi Nato. One thing that stands out is the arch of bricks over the rounded windows. The gaps are too big. These should be tight together, especially at the bottom, as this is how an arch gets its strength.
If possible, I would recommend adding more "3D" elements to the buildings architecture. Like pillar or brick work detail to the front sides. Also ledges between floor levels. This adds to the city effect and is alot more interesting when painted and finished.
nato308
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 884 posts
Armorama: 609 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 05:23 AM UTC
Nope, wall are incomplete as of yet, the material for the walls was a palette top that I copped from work, it is a 3/8" Pressed fiber board, great stuff and eaily worked with. I still need to do more work around windows and doors then I will be able to texture the exteriors. I think this will go fast once I get the outside details done. Snapped the last small drill bit I had doing nail holes, I was seriously bummed, a few words passed my lips! Any suggestions on building shutters? Especially the louvered ones?
 _GOTOTOP