_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Enlisted in A-Guard
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Armorama: 3,777 posts
Posted: Monday, August 02, 2004 - 12:20 AM UTC
I have been using the Big A for just over 6 months and decided to sacrifice 1 kit a year to contribute to keep this place running. I have been reading, much too often lately, sites that are shutting down because they cannot afford servers or bandwidth.

I strongly encourage others to do the same. For those of you who have enough kits in your stash to last a lifetime, do you really need the next 3 Dragon releases? I decided that a Silver A-Guard contribution would do more good than a kit I may not get to build for 10 years, taking up storage space and gathering dust.

I figure it will be worth the membership fee to hear Treadhead complain how I keep completing the same idea before him!! Now with extra picture strorage space I can really rub it in!!!

Just kidding Treadhead.... maybe....

That little patch will look cool too!!!!
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Monday, August 02, 2004 - 12:37 AM UTC
Thanks for joining up! It is really appreciated!

Gunnie
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Monday, August 02, 2004 - 12:51 AM UTC
Welcome to the A-Guard ----ShermiesRule----
aka --- Alan Tong
Nice to have you aboard.
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Monday, August 02, 2004 - 01:11 AM UTC
Welcome to A-Guard. You have the right attitude. Thanks for the support
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Armorama: 3,777 posts
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2004 - 10:17 AM UTC
I had A-guard added before the restoration. Since then it has reverted back to the original settings
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2004 - 10:24 AM UTC
We have lost all post since the 3rd of Aug. to today. for some reason. When Jim gets back from the Nats. He will sort it all out I'm sure.
PeaceMaker
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 57 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2004 - 11:43 AM UTC
I'm joining up as well.
I echo Shermies sentiments....don't want to see the site go down anymore, I've been lost without it.
Least I can do to help out a bit.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2004 - 12:15 PM UTC
Thanks guys. We can certainly use the added support. New advertisers have not been as plentiful these past few months so the A-Guard is definately what keeps the lights on around here.

Thanks again!

Jim

PS: If I somehow missed anyones email from Paypal or other correspondence please remind me regarding setting up your status or sending shirts (for the Gold members).
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,161 posts
Armorama: 542 posts
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2004 - 02:09 PM UTC
I too joined the A-Guard this week to add my support. I wandered into this site a couple of months ago when my desire to get into modeling started up. I'd been on and off with wanting to get into it but never followed through, always postponing it for another day. Hadn't touched a model since I was a kid but after visiting the site I got excited and felt it was time to learn, stop putting things off and "just do it" as the saying goes.

I luckily came upon this site from doing a web search on diorama's, vehicles etc and man, was I shocked. I've met so many nice people already, everyone willing to lend a hand with advice or pick up a kit you can't find near you (thanks Rob!!) that you don't see on other sites of this kind or any kind for that matter. I may have just "postponed" again getting into model building if I didn't find this site, the enthusiasm here is infectious!

To coin a phrase, this site truly is a "Band of Brothers". I'm happy to lend my small token of support to the site and hope to someday be able to pass along things I am now learning.

Thanks Jim for all your hard work and long hours, it is GREATLY appreciated!
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2004 - 06:56 PM UTC
Welcome to the A-Guard also Moezilla, money well spent.
 _GOTOTOP